Have you ever wanted to save someone’s email address to your Gmail account so you can easily find it later? Or maybe you want to create a contact group so you can send emails to multiple people at once? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you will find this blog post useful, as it shows you how to add contacts on Gmail!
- Furthermore, your contacts in Gmail are available on the web or in the Android Contacts app.
- Simultaneously, you can use the Contacts app to enter a single contact or multiple email addresses simultaneously.
- In addition, to delete a contact, tap it and choose “Delete” from the three-dot menu.
Next, in this post, we’ll show you how to add contacts in Gmail, using the web and mobile version. You’ll also learn how to edit, delete, and organize your contacts, as well as sync them with other devices and apps.
By the end of this post, you’ll be able to follow this step by step guide to manage your contacts like a pro and never lose touch with anyone again!
Where is the add contacts button in Gmail ?
While there is no dedicated “Add Contacts” button directly in Gmail, there are several ways to add a single contact or multiple contacts to your Gmail account.:
From an email
- To begin, open the email of the person you want to add as a contact.
- Next, hover over your name or profile picture (if displayed).
- Then, click the “Add to Contacts” icon next to your name.
Google Contacts app
- First, open the Google Contacts app (either through the web app or on your mobile device).
- Next, click the create contact button in the upper left corner.
- Then, enter the contact details and click “Save.”
From Gmail settings
- Firstly, go to Gmail settings.
- Secondly, under “General,” scroll down to “Create autofill contacts.”
- In last, choose whether you want Gmail to automatically create contacts from the people you email.
How to add contacts on Gmail from a received mail ?
Saving contacts on Gmail is performed similarly on all devices. However, there is a difference in the steps for adding contacts on Gmail using a PC and an Android device.
Follow the below mentioned simple steps to add contacts to Gmail on computer.
- Navigate to the email that you want to add to your Google Contacts account.
- Here, hold the circular icon available on the left, then press the ‘add contact button’ icon indicated in the graphical representation provided below
Note: In case you want to edit the contact using a nickname, since Gmail Contacts saves contacts based on the email address and details, follow the same steps and click on the ‘Pencil’ icon as shown in the image.
How do I add a new contact on Gmail on desktop ?
Google allows users to save contacts from anywhere. Therefore, Google also offers the option to create a contact info, in which the user can save an external contact list in Google Contacts.
Follow the below mentioned steps to add external contacts using Google contacts.
- Open Chrome and click the Google app icon on the top-right corner of screen and then, select Contacts from the drop-down menu.
- Now, click the “Create contact” option.
- Again click “Create a contact” on the top-left corner of screen.
- Here, fill in the required fields in the dialog box and click the ‘Save’ option.
Note: To edit, you will need to follow the same steps as mentioned above: click the ‘Edit’ button, edit the required field in the contact info, and save changes.
Also Check: How to fix Gmail attachment failed issue ?
How to add contacts to Gmail on Android ?
Perform the steps mentioned below to add contacts to Gmail on Android device.
- Open the Contacts application on your phone and check where the contact is being saved. Select ‘Google’ if it is set to something else. Enter the details and click on the ‘Save’ option.
You can also save any email address right from your inbox on Android device.
- Open the Gmail application and navigate to the mail you want to save. Hold the circular icon or profile picture and click the “Save” icon. Now, edit and fill in the details, then click on “Save”
How to add contacts to Gmail on iPhone ?
There are two ways to add contacts to Gmail on iPhone:
Add contacts from an email
- Firstly, launch the Gmail app and locate the email from the sender you wish to add to your contacts list.
- Secondly, press the three dots icon located to the right of the message to reveal more options.
- Finally, select the option to add the sender to your list of contacts and the information will be saved immediately. You can further edit the details and add additional information through Google’s Contacts feature.
Add contacts directly
- Open the Gmail app on your iPhone.
- Tap the Contacts icon in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Press the “+” icon located in the top right corner of the screen to add a new contact.
- Input the contact’s details, such as their name, email, phone number, and any other pertinent information.
- Tap Save.
- You can also add contacts from your iPhone’s Contacts app to Gmail. To do this, open the Contacts app and select the contact you want to add. Then, tap the Share button and select Gmail.
- If you have a lot of contacts to add, you can export them from your iPhone’s Contacts app as a CSV file or a Vcard file and then import them into Gmail.
- You can also sync your iPhone’s Contacts with Gmail so that your contacts are always up-to-date. To do this, open the Settings app on your iPhone and tap on Contacts. Then, tap on Accounts and select Google. Ensure that the Contacts option is enabled.
Also Check: How to delete all unread Emails in Gmail ?
How to find your Gmail contacts on desktop ?
There are two main ways to find your Google contacts on desktop either it is a Windows or a Mac:
Follow below mentioned steps to find your Google contacts on desktop:
Through Google contacts
- To begin, open Gmail in your web browser and sign in with your account.
- Next, click the Google Apps button (it’s shaped like a grid) at the top right, next to your account icon.
- Then, click Contacts. Furthermore, you should see a list of your contacts on the home page by default. Additionally, you can also add, edit, import or export your contacts on this page.
Through Gmail interference
- First, open your Gmail inbox in your web browser.
- Next, click on the grid icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Then, select “Contacts” from the menu.
- Furthermore, this will open a limited view of your Email contacts within the Gmail interface.
- Additionally, you can search for specific contacts, but the functionality is more restricted compared to the full Google Contacts website.
How to import contacts on Google Contacts?
To import multiple contacts through a Google list, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open Chrome, click the Google app icon, and select Contacts from the menu.
- Click on the “Import contacts”.
- Now, click on “Select file”.
- Select, contact profiles that you want to Upload on Gmail.
- Click “Import” from the popup window.
- Now, you can check imported lists of contact in the Contact list.
How to import contacts to Gmail from CSV ?
There are different ways to import contacts to Gmail from a CSV file. Follow below mentioned steps to import contacts to Gmail from CSV:
- First, you need to have a CSV file containing the contact information you want to import. You can create one from scratch or export it from another email service. You can also use a blank Gmail CSV file as a template to view acceptable fields.
- Next, you need to go to Google Contacts in your web browser and sign in with your Google account.
- Then, you need to click on the “Import Contacts” button on the left panel. If you are using the new Contacts preview, you need to click “Contacts” and then switch to the previous version.
- After that, you need to click “Select File” and browse for the CSV file you want to import. Then click “Import”
- Finally, you should check the accuracy of your imported contacts and merge or discard any duplicates. You can also edit or delete any contact as needed.
In conclusion, adding contacts to Gmail is an easy and efficient process that can help you create a universal contact list that syncs across all your devices.
You can also import multiple contacts through Google Lists and even add external contacts using Google Contacts.
With these tips, you’ll never need to type in email addresses manually again! Instead, you can focus on writing your emails and communicating with your friends, family and co-workers.
Frequently Asked Question’s (FAQ’s)
To add contact from inbox, navigate email> hold circular icon> click on save icon.
Yes, you can add multiple contacts on Gmail using the available option or importing CSV file.
The user can use Gmail contacts for creating new contact, merge, import and export.
Yes, Google offers editing option; the user can edit contact by following the same steps that he performs for saving contacts.
Google apps are available at right top of the home screen.