Are you tired of manually typing email addresses every time you want to send email on Gmail? look no further!
In this blog post, we’ll show you how to easily add contacts to Gmail, so you can quickly find and email your friends, family, and coworkers.
Whether you’re using a PC or an Android device, our step-by-step guide will help you save time and streamline your email workflow.
How to add contacts on Gmail from a received mail ?
Saving contacts on Gmail is performed similarly on all devices. However, there is a difference in the steps for adding contacts on Gmail using a PC and an Android device.
Follow the below mentioned steps to add contacts to Gmail on computer.
- Navigate to the email that you want to add to your Google Contacts account.
- Here, hold the circular icon 1 available on the left, then press the ‘Add contact’ icon indicated in the graphical representation provided below
Note: In case you want to edit the contact using a nickname, since Gmail Contacts saves contacts based on the email address and details, follow the same steps and click on the ‘Pencil’ icon as shown in the image.
How to manually add a contact on Gmail ?
Google allows users to save contacts from anywhere. Therefore, Google also offers the option to create a contact, in which the user can save an external contact list in Google Contacts.
Follow the below mentioned steps to add external contacts using Google contacts.
- Open Chrome and click the Google app icon, select Contacts from the menu.
- Now, click the “Create contact” option.
- Again click “Create a contact”.
- Here, fill in the required fields and click the ‘Save’ option.
Note: To edit, you will need to follow the same steps as mentioned above: click the ‘Edit’ button, edit the required field, and save changes.
Also Check: How to fix Gmail attachment failed issue ?
How to add contacts to Gmail on Android ?
Perform the steps mentioned below to add contacts to Gmail on Android device.
- Open the Contacts application on your phone and check where the contact is being saved. Select ‘Google’ if it is set to something else. Enter the details and click on the ‘Save’ option.
You can also save any email address right from your inbox on Android device.
- Open the Gmail application and navigate to the mail you want to save. Hold the circular icon and click the “Save” icon. Now, edit and fill in the details, then click on “Save”
How to add contacts to Gmail on iPhone ?
There are two ways to add contacts to Gmail on iPhone:
Add contacts from an email:
- Firstly, launch the Gmail app and locate the email from the sender you wish to add to your contacts list.
- Secondly, press the three dots icon located to the right of the message to reveal more options.
- Finally, select the option to add the sender to your contacts list and the information will be saved immediately. You can further edit the details and add additional information through Google’s Contacts feature.
Add contacts directly:
- Open the Gmail app on your iPhone.
- Tap the Contacts icon in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Press the “+” icon located in the top right corner of the screen to add a new contact.
- Input the contact’s details, such as their name, email, phone number, and any other pertinent information.
- Tap Save.
Here are some additional tips:
- You can also add contacts from your iPhone’s Contacts app to Gmail. To do this, open the Contacts app and select the contact you want to add. Then, tap the Share button and select Gmail.
- If you have a lot of contacts to add, you can export them from your iPhone’s Contacts app as a CSV file and then import them into Gmail.
- You can also sync your iPhone’s Contacts with Gmail so that your contacts are always up-to-date. To do this, open the Settings app on your iPhone and tap on Contacts. Then, tap on Accounts and select Google. Ensure that the Contacts option is enabled.
Also Check: How to delete all unread Emails in Gmail ?
How to import contacts on Google Contacts?
To import multiple contacts through a Google list, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open Chrome, click the Google app icon, and select Contacts from the menu.
- Click on the “Import contacts”.
- Now, click on “Select file”.
- Select, file that you want to Upload on Gmail.
- Click “Import”.
- Now, you can check imported contact in the Contact list.
In conclusion, adding contacts to Gmail is an easy and efficient process that can save you a lot of time and effort in the long run.
Whether you’re using a computer, Android device, or iPhone, our step-by-step guide has shown you how to add contacts to Gmail with ease.
You can also import multiple contacts through Google Lists and even add external contacts using Google Contacts.
With these tips, you’ll never need to type in email addresses manually again! Instead, you can focus on writing your emails and communicating with your friends, family and co-workers.
Frequently Asked Question’s (FAQ’s)
To add contact from inbox, navigate email> hold circular icon> click on save icon.
Yes, you can add multiple contacts on Gmail using the available option or importing CSV file.
The user can use Gmail contacts for creating new contact, merge, import and export.
Yes, Google offers editing option; the user can edit contact by following the same steps that he performs for saving contacts.
Google apps are available at right top of the home screen.