Gmail is the most renowned email service provider organization that serves more than one billion users at the time. Gmail offers email and cloud storage services; however, it becomes difficult when a user faces the “can’t login to Gmail issue.”
In this blog, we have mentioned eight assured solutions that would surely help you in resolving “Cannot sign into Gmail” error.
Detailed information of all the above headings are mentioned below.
Recover with Phone number/Email ID
If you are not able to recall your login credentials; and unable to sign in to your Gmail account; then you have to follow the instructions below.
- Open the Gmail login page on your web browser, enter your login credentials, click on the “Next.” Kindly follow the image below and click on the “Forgot Password?” tap on the “Next” button.
- On this page, you need to enter your Phone number (Note:Google sends OTP on registered mobile number to verify the user), then click on the “Next” Or you can click on the option “I don’t have my Phone“.
- Now, click on the “Try another way” option.
- You will now receive the OPT on the backup email.Kindly enter the OPT as shown in the box below and click “Next”.
- You will redirect to the new password creation tab; create a strong password; Enjoy Gmail!
Try a different Browser
If you have already logged in to your Chrome browser and you cannot log in to your Gmail with the same browser; then we strongly recommend you to use a different browser such as Opera, Microsoft Edge, Safari, Firefox, etc.
Use third-party applications
If you are still facing issues even after changing your default browser then you need to use a third-party application. Third-party applications have many added advantages to help users access email services; moreover, third-party applications also offer advantages of accessing multiple email accounts at one time.
There are several third-party email client applications in the market which are free and safe for use. We are mentioning some names here:-
1. Mailbird (Windows)
2. Thunderbird (Windows, macOS, Linux, and FreeBSD)
3. Postbox (Windows and macOS)
4. Microsoft Outlook (Windows and macOS)
Note: We have provided a list of free email clients with the basic specification; we recommend users to research on the specification and terms & condition before moving to any third-party email client application.
Check Gmail down Status
You may be experiencing an outage of Gmail service due to server downtime. You should check the Gmail down status.
To check Gmail status, go to the G Suite Status Dashboard page by clicking here; the page includes data about Google product working status with three colours (We are indicating for Gmail only):-
- Green: No Issue
- Orange: Service Disruption
- Pink: Service Outage
Note: If you want to visit the page manually, copy “https://www.google.com/appsstatus#hl=en&v=status” on Google Chrome or your default browser.
Clear browser data
Clearing browser data gives you a clean page with no history; it also helps in troubleshooting “Cannot sign in to Gmail account” error.
There are two modes for clearing browser data: Basic and Advance. Experts recommend clearing the entire data of both modes.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to clear browser data in Basic and Advance mode.
- Use your keyboard; enter the command Ctrl+Shift+Del. Change the time duration from the “Drop-down” option, click on the “Clear data” and click on the “Advanced” option.
- Now, change the time duration from “Last hour” to “All time,“scroll down from the ribbon and check “All the boxes“; click on the “Clear data.“
Note: – Advance data includes browsing history, download history, Cached images and files, password and other sites data, autofill form data, site settings, hosting apps data. So, kindly be aware before clearing Advance data from the shared Chrome browser.
Reset the Browser
Resetting browser delete cookies and other temporary site files; moreover, it disables all extensions; that may help you re-login to your Gmail account.
Open your Chrome browser, enter the below command and click on “Reset settings.“
Check “Java Script” Status on Chrome
- Open your Chrome browser, click on the “three dots,” and choose the “Settings.” Option.
- Go to the “Site Settings“.
Sometimes, anti-virus prevents users from executing regular activities, like logging in to a Gmail account or to perform day-to-day tasks. Suppose if you are also facing the problem after the first Anti-virus update then you should first disable the Anti-virus and then try working again on your PC.