Chrome is not saving password is the most basic problem that we see these days and remembering different passwords at once has become the toughest task since we take digital notes and keep records of digital reports online.
It is not possible to remember passwords of every application in this busy life; however, web-browsers come to the rescue and help us a lot in keeping the passwords safe and handy since Google saves all your login credentials automatically.
However, sometimes we face issues when we don’t find our passwords handy due to Google Chrome glitch or when Google Chrome does not save passwords.
Indeed, this happens, and it is one of the worst issues; however, it can be resolved by performing simple steps.
In this blog, we have mentioned seven steps that will rectify the issue “Chrome is not saving password”.
Note: Follow the seven steps in order however you may get successful after trying the first step, so just follow below:
Seven easy steps to FIX Chrome is not saving password:
- Update Your Browser.
- Check Password Settings.
- Clear Cache.
- Enable Sync Settings.
- Disable extensions and unwanted programs.
- Reset Chrome Browser.
- Use a Password manager.
1. Update Your Browser
It is important to install updates of the application for error free use. Bugs and Glitches get resolved the moment a browser update is installed. Similarly, Google also update Chrome browser for better performance, so it should be the first step to solve any issue you are facing on your browser.
The user can check the version of their browser and also check how to update Google Chrome by following the below steps:-
- Open your browser type “chrome://settings/help” and check the version of your Google Chrome.
2. Check Password Settings
You should check with your “Password Settings“. There might be a condition where the Password saving option is not active on your device.
So, it is better to check the settings and enable the same.
Follow the below guideline to enable the password option on Chrome:-
- Open Chrome, click “three dot” and then “Settings”.
- Click “Autofill” and then click on the “Password” management tab.
- Now, enable the options to save passwords on Google Chrome.
3. Clear Cache
Clearing cache of a software is a universal solution and it can help you resolve most issues related to Google mail and Google products.
Follow the below mentioned steps to clear the browser on Google Chrome:-
- Tap, three vertical dots, then “More tools” and then click Clear Browsing or use to Ctrl+Shift+Del on your keyboard.
- Select time range to “All time”, then click clear data and then click to “Advanced”.
- Select time range from drop down to “All time” scroll down the page and tick all the boxes, then tap on “Clear data”.
3. Enable Sync Settings
It is important to enable Sync settings on your device to save all your passwords and history. Also if you log in with your credentials to other account all your data will be available to you including the saved passwords on your new device.
For Example:- If a user is using a desktop and have kept bookmarks on Chrome then he will not be able to see the bookmarks until the Sync option is enabled.
Follow the below steps to enable the “Sync” option on Chrome:-
- Login to your Gmail account and click on the Profile icon placed left to the search bar, then tap on “Turn on sync” option.
- Click “Yes, I’m in”.
4. Disable extensions and unwanted programs
At times it has been reported that extension creates issues and prevents Chrome from performing properly. However, it is not possible to check the extension that is creating an issue; that is why we recommend users to disable all extensions and then re-try.
- To disable extensions go to the “Settings” option which is under three vertical dots and click “Extensions”.
- Disable all extensions using toggle button as shown in the image.
Unwanted programs are the same just like extensions; the user must check the unwanted programs and should remove them from the desktop or device using the in-built Chrome feature.
Follow the provided guideline to remove unwanted programs from your system using Chrome’s inbuilt feature.
- Click on the “three dots” and then “Settings”.
- Scroll down and click “Advanced” option.
- Now, click on the “Clean up Computer” the last available option on the home screen.
- Click on the “Find” option to find the malware or unwanted program.
5. Reset your Chrome browser
This solution will definitely help you in resolving the “Chrome is not saving password” issue. Suppose you have tried all of the above solutions and could not fetch the desired result, so if you reset your chrome browser all the settings will move back to default mode which will rectify the error.
Follow the below graphical steps to reset Chrome browser:-
- Click “Customize and control Google Chrome, the three dot icon available on the right home screen, then click “Settings”.
- Scroll down and click “Advanced” option.
- Click “Restore settings” option, then click “Reset” as indicated in the image.
6. Use a Password manager
Still if you are unable to resolve the issue and do not find an auto-filling option of Google Chrome, then you can install a third-party password manager.
However, we do not recommend our readers to install a third party password manager without doing extensive research on the safety part since all of the login credentials will be shared on the password manager app.
Wrapping up:- By following the blog, we are assured you can easily resolve the “Chrome is not saving password” issue. Follow the steps as mentioned, you can easily find the issue.
For more help on technical issues kindly visit Assist Me 360.
To enable the password saving option on Google chrome follow the steps provided below.
1.Open Chrome on an Android device.
2.Go to settings.
3.Turn on the password option.
If you don’t want to save passwords on Google Chrome, turn off the save password option.
Sometimes cache creates problems that prevent Chrome from saving your passwords which also creates issues with the autofill password feature of Google Chrome.
Yes, it is safe to save passwords in Google Chrome; moreover, it helps users to access their passwords easily.
If Chrome is not asking to save passwords, then you can save it by performing the below mentioned steps.
*Enter your info on the website you want to save the password for.
*To the right of the address bar, click Password Save.
If you are getting the option to save passwords while using Chrome, however, if you do not find an autofill option, you must clear your browser cache or try to reset your chrome browser.