Are you tired of constantly having to enter your passwords on websites because Chrome isn’t saving them?
Don’t worry, you’re not alone. Many users have reported this issue, and we’re here to help.
In this blog post, we’ll explore the reasons why Chrome may not be saving your passwords and provide simple solutions to fix the problem.
From checking your settings to clearing your cache, we’ll guide you through the steps to get Chrome to remember your passwords once again.
Say goodbye to the frustration of forgotten passwords and hello to a seamless browsing experience.
How to fix Chrome not saving passwords ?
Perform the below mentioned solutions to fix Chrome not saving passwords:
Update Your Browser
It is important to install updates for applications to ensure error-free use. Bugs and glitches are often resolved when a browser update is installed.
Similarly, Google regularly updates the Chrome browser for better performance, so updating should be the first step in solving any issues you may be facing with your browser.
You can check the version of your browser and learn how to update Google Chrome by following these steps:
- Open your browser type “chrome://settings/help” and check the version of your Google Chrome.
Check Password Settings
You should check your password settings. There may be a situation where the password saving option is not active on your device.
Follow the steps mentioned below to enable password saving in Chrome:
- Open Chrome, click “three dot” and then “Settings”.
- Click “Autofill” and then click on the “Password” management tab.
- Now, enable the options to save passwords on Google Chrome.
Note: You can also manage your password by visiting Google support help.
Clearing the cache of a software is a universal solution that can help resolve many issues related to Google Mail and other Google products.
Follow the below mentioned steps to clear cache of the Chrome browser:
- Tap, three vertical dots, then “More tools” and then click Clear Browsing or use to Ctrl+Shift+Del on your keyboard.
- Select time range to “All time”, then click clear data and then click to “Advanced”.
- Select time range from drop down to “All time” scroll down the page and tick all the boxes, then tap on “Clear data”.
Also Check: How to rest Google Chrome ?
Enable Sync Settings
It is important to enable sync settings on your device to save all your passwords and history.
If you log in with your credentials on another device, all your data, including saved passwords, will be available to you on the new device.
For Example:- If a user is using a desktop and has saved bookmarks on Chrome, they will not be able to see the bookmarks until the sync option is enabled.
Follow the below steps to enable the “Sync” option on Chrome:-
- Login to your Gmail account and click on the Profile icon placed left to the search bar, then tap on “Turn on sync” option.
- Click “Yes, I’m in”.
Disable extensions and unwanted programs
Sometimes, extensions can create issues and prevent Chrome from functioning properly.
It may not be possible to determine which extension is causing the problem, so we recommend that users disable all extensions and then try again.
- To disable extensions go to the “Settings” option which is under three vertical dots and click “Extensions”.
- Disable all extensions using toggle button as shown in the image.
Unwanted programs can cause issues just like extensions. Users should check for unwanted programs and remove them from their desktop or device using Chrome’s built-in feature.
Follow the steps mentioned below to remove unwanted programs from your system using Chrome’s built-in feature.
- Click on the “three dots” and then “Settings”.
- Scroll down and click “Advanced” option.
- Now, click on the “Clean up Computer” the last available option on the home screen.
- Click on the “Find” option to find the malware or unwanted program.
Reset your Chrome browser
This solution should help you resolve the issue of Chrome not saving passwords. If you have tried all of the above solutions and still haven’t achieved the desired result, resetting your Chrome browser will restore all settings to their default mode, which should rectify the error.
Follow the below mentioned steps to reset Chrome browser:-
- Click “Customize and control Google Chrome, the three dot icon available on the right home screen, then click “Settings”.
- Scroll down and click “Advanced” option.
- Click “Restore settings” option, then click “Reset” as indicated in the image.
Try different Chrome Profile
To create a new profile in Chrome follow the below mentioned steps:
- Firstly, open Chrome and click the icon with your initials or profile picture in the top right.
- Secondly, select “Manage People”.
- Thirdly, click “Add Person”.
- Next, give the new profile a name and choose an icon for it.
- Finally, open Chrome using this new profile. If you are asked to, please sign in using your Google Account.
This will start you with a new Chrome profile. Go to Settings > Passwords and make sure “Offer to save passwords” is turned on. Now when you sign in to websites, Chrome will prompt you to save passwords.
Delete login data
To fix the problem with Chrome not saving your passwords, you’ll need to delete your login data.
To do this follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the Chrome browser on your computer and click on the three dots in the top right corner.
- Select ‘Settings’ from the menu.
- Click on ‘Advanced’ at the bottom of the page.
- Navigate ‘Privacy and security’ section and then click on ‘Clear browsing data’.
- Select ‘Cookies and other site data’ and ‘Cached images and files’.
- Use the ‘Time range’ drop-down menu to select ‘All time’.
- Check the box next to ‘Password and other sign-in data’.
- Click on ‘Clear Data’.
- Close the ‘Settings’ tab and restart your Chrome browser.
When Chrome reopens, your login information and saved passwords should be cleared. You may need to sign in to websites again and re-save any passwords.
Also Check: How to delete Ultrasurf for Chrome ?
Why is Chrome not saving my password?
Here are a few reasons why Chrome might not be saving your passwords: Here are some of the most common:
- The password-saving feature is disabled: To check this, open Chrome and go to Settings > Autofill > Passwords. Make sure that the Offer to save passwords option is turned on.
- You have a third-party password manager installed: Some third-party password managers can interfere with Chrome’s ability to save passwords. If you have a third-party password manager installed, try disabling it and see if that fixes the problem.
- Your browser is outdated: Make sure that you have the latest version of Chrome installed. To check for updates in Google Chrome, go to Settings, then Help, and finally click on About Google Chrome.
- Your computer has a virus or malware infection: If your computer is infected with a virus or malware, it can sometimes prevent Chrome from saving passwords. You can run a virus scan to check for infections.
Finally, if you’re tired of constantly entering your passwords because Chrome isn’t saving them, there are several simple solutions you can try.
From updating your browser and checking your password settings to clearing your cache and enabling sync settings, our guide has provided you with the tools you need to fix the problem.
And if all else fails, resetting your Chrome browser or disabling extensions and unwanted programs may come in handy.
With our help, you can say goodbye to the frustration of a forgotten password and say hello to a seamless browsing experience.
Frequently Asked Question’s (FAQ’s)
To enable the password saving option on Google chrome follow the steps provided below.
1.Open Chrome on an Android device.
2.Go to settings.
3.Turn on the password option.
If you don’t want to save passwords on Google Chrome, turn off the save password option.
Sometimes cache creates problems that prevent Chrome from saving your passwords which also creates issues with the autofill password feature of Google Chrome.
Yes, it is safe to save passwords in Google Chrome; moreover, it helps users to access their passwords easily.
If Chrome is not asking to save passwords, then you can save it by performing the below mentioned steps.
*Enter your info on the website you want to save the password for.
*To the right of the address bar, click Password Save.
If you are getting the option to save passwords while using Chrome, however, if you do not find an autofill option, you must clear your browser cache or try to reset your chrome browser.