You get a Comcast email address upon signing up for Xfinity. The email address you get is your primary email account for Comcast, thereafter, you can add only up to 6 more emails to your Comcast. However, you can delete old Comcast email account to make room for the new one.
If you have created more than the required Comcast email accounts or some of them are of no use to you anymore, you can delete them anytime you want. Undoubtedly, deleting a Comcast email will also delete the messages, voice mails, files, and preferences.
Read this article further to know how to delete Comcast emails, email folders, and email accounts. Furthermore, you will also learn the method to recover deleted Comcast emails.
Use the following quick links for easier navigation within the article:
How to delete Comcast email account?
There are two types of accounts associated with your Xfinity subscription, one is primary, and the other is secondary.
Primary Comcast accounts are the one that is registered with Xfinity to deliver services to you. Any change in the primary account would directly lead to change in subscription. Also, you can manage secondary accounts using your primary account.
Whereas, secondary accounts are used to access Xfinity services on multiple devices. You can use Xfinity on up to 6 more devices by using a separate secondary account for each.
Certainly, you can permanently delete both types of email accounts, but the method is different. Following are the methods to delete primary and secondary Comcast accounts:
How to delete a secondary Comcast email account?
As per the Comcast account active policy, the company delete those accounts which have been inactive for 12 months. Another critical point is that the account will not be deleted if auto-reply is enabled.
That means you only have to leave your account inactive without logging in and turning on auto-reply in order to delete the same. However, if you wish to fasten up the process and delete the email account, you have to do it manually.
Use the following steps to delete a secondary email account:
- Firstly go to Xfinity login page and sign in with your Xfinity ID.
- Now go to My ACCOUNT and then Users.
- Scroll down to the user email ID you want to delete and click on Settings.
- Now click on the Delete User option in the top right as shown in the below image.
- Finally click Delete to confirm the deletion.
How to delete a primary Comcast email account?
Your primary Comcast email account is the email account registered for using Xfinity, and deleting the same is not an easy task. That is the reason you can’t delete your Comcast email.
In order to delete your primary email account, you have to get your cancel your Xfinity subscription.
Contact Comcast Xfinity customer support for cancellation and state why you want to terminate the membership.
Thereafter the customer retention team will try to convince you not to cancel your membership and continue using their services. Tell them your valid reason and continue with your request further.
How to delete Comcast emails?
Generally, mailboxes get filled with lots of emails that it becomes necessary to delete some of them at some point of time.
Use the following steps to delete Comcast emails:
- Log in to your Comcast email account on any email app.
- Go to the inbox folder or the folder of which you want to delete emails.
- Click on the icon next to the email you want to delete.
- Click on the trash icon or open the menu and select delete.
- The email would then be deleted.
Have you been separating emails into folders, and you want to delete one of them now? Or you only want to delete one of the folders to speed up the process of deleting emails. Read how to delete folders in Comcast email.
How to delete email folders in Comcast?
Use the following steps to delete an email folder in Comcast:
- Click on the email folder you want to delete.
- Then click on the three horizontal bars that appear next to the folder name.
- Select delete and the folder will be deleted.
How to recover Comcast emails?
You can recover the emails you have deleted on Comcast. However, the deleted emails are recoverable for a particular period.
Use the following steps to recover deleted Comcast emails:
- Log in to Xfinity by entering the email and password.
- Go to the mailbox by clicking on the Mail tab.
- Click on the Trash Folder and three horizontal lines would appear next to it.
- Click the horizontal lines to open menu, subsequently click on Recover Deleted Items.
- A list of deleted emails still available on the server will open up. Select the emails you want to recover and click on Move Selected Items at the bottom.
- Subsequently select the destination folder and click Ok or Move.
Deleting Comcast emails and email accounts removes unnecessary items from your Xfinity account. In this article, we have discussed the ways to delete primary and secondary Comcast email accounts. You can also delete Comcast emails after reading this article. Furthermore, you can recover deleted emails if you take timely steps.
Does Comcast delete old emails?
No, Comcast doesn’t delete old emails unless you move them into the spam or trash folder.
How do I delete a Comcast email account from my iphone?
In order to delete Comcast account from your iphone, go to Settings App > Mail > Accounts. Tap the account you want to delete from the list of accounts. Then tap Delete Account > Delete from My iPhone.
This process will only delete the Comcast account from your iphone.
How to delete Comcast email account from all devices?
To delete Comcast email account from all devices, log in to your Comcast Xfinity account, Go to My Account > User > Settings (Below the username) > Remove User.