If you face Google chrome slow issues and have tried everything to speed up your Google Chrome on Windows 10 and still not able to get results, then you are at the right place to get your issue resolved.
However, after trying for several solutions yourself to fix the issue with no results it gets very much annoying again to fix the issue al by yourself. We guarantee you to resolve the problem faced at present following the article.
Let’s dive into the plethora of solutions that would assist you in fixing Chrome performance on Windows 10.Try to perform each step one by one following the graphical steps mentioned below:
- Check your Internet speed
- Close all tabs and Windows
- Disable extension
- Clear Cache and history
- Disable hardware acceleration
- Reset your network adapter
- Use clean my Computer tool
- Rename the default folder
- Reset your Chrome browser
- Reinstall Chrome
1. Check your Internet speed
Before moving with any other solution at first it is important to check your Internet speed. Most applications issue arise due to unstable or poor internet connection.
Follow the steps to check your internet connection:-
- Use your keyboard and press Windows + R button to open the Run box.
- On the “Run box,” type “cmd” and press “Ok“.
- On command prompt, type “ipconfig,” then type “Ping your IP address” and press Enter.
- Here, you can see how many packets you are losing on your Internet plan.
Note:- You can also use Speed test by Ookla to check your Internet speed and If your internet service is working well, then you should proceed further and check out other solutions to resolve the issue.
2. Close all tabs and Windows
If you are using multiple tabs or multiple Chrome with heavy load at a time then in that case, there is a chance that multiple tabs and windows may reduce your Chrome performance because every tab and window consumes the computer memory and also leaves impact on your battery performance.
So, it is better to use minimal tabs and windows to boost up your Chrome performance.
3. Disable extension
Most of the Google Chrome problems are resolved by disabling extensions as it is a proven fact that sometimes extension prevents Chrome from delivering the required results. Thus, experts recommend to disable extensions to speed up Chrome performance.
To disable extensions on your Google Chrome, follow the below steps:-
- Copy and paste this command on Google browser “chrome://extensions/” and disable all the extensions as indicated in the image.
4. Clear Cache and history
Google chrome cache and history can create issues and slow down your chrome performance; so, try to clear cache and history frequently on Google chrome.
Follow the below mentioned guideline to clear cache on your chrome browser:-
- Click “three vertical dots” and then click “More tools” then click “Clear browsing data”.
- Select time range from last hour to “All time”, click “Clear data” and then click on “Advanced”.
- Click “All time” in time range, scroll down and check all the boxes, then click “Clear data”.
5. Disable hardware acceleration
Disabling hardware acceleration will also resolve the issue. This feature allows your system to move on specific tasks that are generally run by CPU to GPU. Many times, it majorly create issues like slow loading of Chrome.
To disable hardware acceleration on Google Chrome follow the below graphical representation.
- Open browser, type “chrome://settings/accessibility” and disable the option.
6. Reset your network adapter
Experts recommend that users can resolve “Chrome slow on Windows” by resetting their network adapter since some of chrome users have reported that they have boosted Chrome speed by resetting the network adapter.
Follow the below graphical representation to reset the network adapter on Windows 10:-
- Click on the Network icon placed on your home screen and then click “Network & Internet settings”.
- Click “Change adapter options”.
- Now, disable “Ethernet”.
Note: Follow the same steps to enable the network adapter again to complete the reset process.
7. Use the Clean my Computer tool
Sometimes, the user may face problems due to malware or unwanted programs as it create issues while operating any application; that is why cleaning your computer may resolve your issue.
Follow the below guideline to clean your computer using Chrome tool:-
- Open Chrome browser on your system and type “chrome://settings/reset” and click on “Clean up computer“.
- Now click on “Find,” if you find any unwanted program remove it.
8. Rename the default folder
Renaming the default folder can help you resolve the issue as the default folder comprises browser and profile data. If the Chrome data is corrupt, all the files won’t work properly which will ultimately slow down Google chrome performance.
- Open File Explorer on your system and paste the command listed below:-
- Right-click on the “Default-Folder” and rename it to “Backup“.
9. Reset Chrome browser
Resetting your browser will help users to resolve several issues; this action changes every setting to its default value. You can reset the Chrome browser to reset the default settings on your browser.
- To reset type “chrome://settings/reset” and click “Restore settings to their original defaults“
- Click on the “Reset settings“.
10. Reinstall Chrome
This is the final solution to fix any issue on Google chrome; we recommend users to reinstall the application once attempted all the solutions; if you also have tried all the above solutions; however, couldn’t find the result, then go for it through the provided link, reinstall Chrome.
Wrapping up:- By following the blog, we are assured you will easily resolve the Chrome performance issue on Windows 10.
Moreover, we have also mentioned troubleshooting steps in the FAQ section that would assist you in fixing the issue on Android/iOS and Mac.
For further assistance on technical issues kindly visit Assist Me 360.
There may be many reasons however we have listed the most important reasons below that results in chrome slow performance.
*Multiple pages or multiple Windows,
*Chrome custom settings,
You can boost up browser speed by disabling extensions, clearing Cache and reinstalling the browser.
Under the system option, the user will find “Use hardware acceleration when available” on the next of this option, you will find the relaunch option.
Actually, it is a minor issue of Google chrome that reduces chrome performance. Below are solutions to fix the issue.
To boost chrome performance on Mac, you should close all tabs and then try again later; moreover, if you are facing severe problems, then you can try resetting Chrome settings option or also reinstall your chrome.
Yes, you can increase chrome performance on your android phone by closing unused tabs, updating the application.