Learn about the newest information on the Windows 11 KB5022363 update.
Released on January 19, 2023, this preview build is available to beta channel insiders and addresses critical security vulnerabilities.
Discover new visuals, cloud storage settings, and widget improvements in this must-have update. Keep reading to learn more!”
What is the KB5022363 update for Windows 11 ?
Microsoft released KB5022363 on January 19, 2023. It’s a preview build of Windows 11 Insider, with versions 22621.1180 and 22623.1180. Microsoft made this update available to the beta channel.
The new Windows 11 update, KB5022363, is a security update that addresses a vulnerability in the Windows operating system.
It includes fixes for remote code execution, the elevation of privilege, and information disclosure.
This update is available only to the user who opted into the beta channel of the insider preview program.
You can install it using Windows Update or download the update package from the Microsoft Update Catalog.
What are the latest updates in Windows 11 Preview Build KB502263 ?
Windows 11 Preview Build KB502263 introduces significant updates, including improved cloud storage settings and enhanced widgets functionality.
Below, you will find a detailed explanation of these latest features, empowering you to make the most of your Windows 11 experience.
Explore the upgraded cloud storage options and discover the enhanced widgets features, designed to streamline your workflow and personalize your desktop.
Improved cloud storage settings for Windows 11
With the latest Windows 11 update, you can now see new visuals in the Settings app on your account page.
These visuals provide an overview of how much cloud storage you’re using across different Microsoft products.
The new update includes visuals displaying a bar indicating how much storage you use for each product. It also alerts you if you’re running low on storage.
With this update, your cloud storage usage will now include your Outlook attachment data.
Initially, a small group of insiders will receive this change, which will be available to some.
- The new widget update removes the sign-in requirement, allowing everyone to access it without signing in.
- The latest update lets you see weather updates on the taskbar. Pin widgets from your preferred apps and view a customized, constantly updating feed without requiring an account.
What are the fixes in the new Preview Build of Windows 11 KB502263?
Curious about the fixes in the new Preview Build of Windows 11 KB502263 ?
Here are the key updates that address various issues and improve the overall stability and performance of your Windows 11 experience:
Taskbar and System Tray
- A problem occurred where the hidden icons flyout would disappear when right-clicking on specific icons instead of displaying the context menu for the selected icon. This issue has been fixed.
- There was an issue where explorer.exe would crash when trying to load specific app icons. This issue has been fixed.
- When using tablet-optimized taskbar options, the task view should no longer appear behind the taskbar.
- An issue prevented the taskbar from appearing in Safe Mode when using the new search box option. This issue has been fixed.
- When the Task Manager window is reduced in size and the search box collapse to an icon, moving the cursor over the icon will display a tooltip.
- Several issues with how icons and labels were displayed when contrast mode was enabled have been fixed.
- There was an issue where Braille devices gave incorrect information about the screen on the latest version of Braille. This issue has been fixed.
How to Install Insider Preview Build KB5022363 (22623.1180)?
To get Windows 11 build KB5022363, you must sign up for the Beta Channel.
- To do this, navigate to Settings > Windows Insider Program > Update and Security.
- Once you’ve signed up for the program, you can get build 22623.1180 by clicking the “Check for Updates” button in the “Windows Update” settings.
However, your device must meet the minimum system requirements to receive the update if you are new to the Windows Insider Program.
What should you do if you are not able to install KB5022363?
Follow the easy troubleshooting steps outlined below
1. Open settings by pressing Win + I.
2. Select System and click Troubleshoot.
3. Select Other Troubleshooters.
4. Press Run next to Window Update
Note: If you face any issues, please report them to Microsoft.
What are the benefits of updating KB5022363?
KB5022363 comes with improved security features that protect your computer from various threats.
This update has security updates for Microsoft Edge, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Input, Windows Management, Cloud Infrastructure, Windows Authentication, Windows Fundamental, and others.
These updates protect your computer from malware, viruses, and other threats.
The KB5022363 update enhances the performance of Windows 11 and includes improvements to widgets. Widgets now have a new design and offer more options for customization.
Updates also improve the touch keyboard, which supports more languages and has improved typing suggestions.
Also, updates improve the Microsoft Store, which is faster and has improved search functionality.
New Settings for Dark Mode
Windows 11 updates bring a new dark mode that allows users to easily switch between light and dark modes.
The KB5022363 update has new settings that let users change their dark mode. In addition, you can adjust how transparent it is and pick a color for the taskbar and other parts of the screen.
To sum up, Microsoft released KB5022363 on January 19, 2023. It’s the latest preview build of Windows 11, with versions 22621.1180 and 22623.1180. This release was made available to the beta channel.
With this update, the operating System receives enhancements, new capabilities, and bug resolutions.
The update also includes security updates and performance enhancements that keep your computer safe and running.
Enroll your device in the Beta Channel to install the update and access the “Windows Insider Program” settings. Then, if you encounter any problems, follow the troubleshooting steps.
KB5022363 is a must-have update for Windows 11 users who want to improve their experience and keep their computers secure.
KB5022289: Windows 10 Security Update Fixes
How to Cancel Amazon Kids Plus in 2023 ?
Removing Ultrasurf from Chrome: The Ultimate Guide
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ’s)
Yes, installing Windows 11 preview builds is safe, but these updates are not complete and are still under development. Therefore, you can expect bugs and errors. In addition, you should never install Insider Preview as the primary Operating System.
Your computer must have a processor with a speed of at least 1 GHz, a minimum of two cores, and be compatible with a 64-bit system or chip. Additionally, it must have at least 4 GB of memory and 64 GB or more of available disk space.
Upgrading to Windows 11 will not delete your data and apps if you select the “Keep personal files and apps” option.
Windows 11 updates usually take between 10 and 20 minutes to install. However, the installation time can vary depending on the device. For example, On the latest SSD, the update can be completed in as little as 10 minutes.