Outlook reminders help you avoid missing out on important events. These reminders can be either pop-up or email, or both. Moreover, you can customize how and when you want to receive reminders from Outlook.
In this article, we will help you set up reminders on Outlook and customize reminders with the sound of your choice.
Use the following quick links for easier navigation within the article:
How to set reminders in Outlook?
You can create reminders for New as well as Existing (old) events using the respective methods for each.
For a new event
The event’s creator sets up this reminder at the time of fixing it.
Use the following steps to set up a reminder for a new event:
- Firstly open Outlook on your PC, now click on New items and then Meeting (you can also select appointment, task, etc. as per your requirement).
- Subsequently enter the recipient, subject, body and other components in your email and click Options. Now click on the downward pointing arrow for Reminder.
- Select the time at which you want to get the reminder before the event and finally click send.
Both creator and attendee can set up a reminder for an existing event from Outlook’s calendar.
Use the following steps to create an Outlook reminder from the calendar:
- Firstly open the Outlook and go to the Calendar view from the bottom left as shown in the below image.
- Then find and Select the event. Remember that you have to click on the event and not on the date (there can be multiple events on a single date). Then click on the down arrow button against the Reminder option as shown in the below image.
- Finally select the time interval before which you want to get a reminder for the meeting. The changes will be saved automatically.
From an Existing event
Use the following steps to create or change reminders for an existing event:
- Firstly Select the email you have received for the event. Click on the down arrow button to open Follow up options then select Add Reminder.
- Tick the Reminder checkbox shown in the below image, subsequently select the date & time of reminder and click Ok.
How to set a reminder in Outlook 365?
(How to set up reminders in Outlook?), (Outlook calendar reminders)
Use the following steps to set up reminders in Outlook Web App or Outlook 365 online:
- Firstly go to Outlook Web App and log in to your account.
- Now go to the Calendar, and subsequently select the event and click Edit.
- Select the time frame for the reminder and click send.
If you wish to add an email reminder, continue with these steps:
- Scroll down to the bottom in the reminder time frame list and select Add email reminder.
- Click Add email reminder in the new menu.
- Subsequently type a message for the email reminder, tick the Send to attendees checkbox if you want to send the email reminder to all the attendees and click Save.
Have problems with Outlook reminders?
Often users face problems with Outlook reminders. Here we have listed the solutions for common Outlook reminder problems.
Outlook calendar reminders are not working
If you are not getting Outlook calendar reminders, they might be turned off from the settings.
Use the following steps to turn on reminders from the settings:
- Firstly open Outlook and go to the File tab.
- Then select Options from the left panel.
- In the Advanced section, tick the Show Reminders checkbox.
- Finally click Ok to save the changes.
Outlook meeting reminders not popping up
In new versions of Outlook, there is an option to enable or disable pop-up reminders.
Use the following steps to enable pop-up reminders in Outlook:
- Firstly open Outlook on your PC and go to the File tab.
- Then click on Options from the left panel.
- In the Advanced section, tick the Show Reminders on top of other windows checkbox.
- Finally click Ok to save the changes.
Outlook reminders keep popping up
Sometimes Outlook reminders keep popping up repeatedly even after dismissing all of them. The problem sometimes prevails even for past events.
To get rid of these repetitive popping up reminders, open Run by pressing Windows + R, then type Outlook /cleanreminders and click Ok. Remember to use a space between ‘Outlook’ and ‘/cleanreminders’.
By setting up a reminder for events in Outlook, you can prepare in advance for them.
However, if you were facing any trouble setting up or getting the reminders, we hope that the article would have been helpful to you.
Kindly click here if you want to change your email signature on Office 365.
How to set reminders in Outlook 2013?
To set up reminders in Outlook 2013 or newer, select the email message for the event. Click on Follow up option and select Add a reminder set the time duration for the reminder and click Ok.
How do I set a reminder in Outlook without an appointment?
You can set up a reminder by creating a task and enabling the reminder for it.
The task wouldn’t appear in your calendar but you will still get the reminder.
How to change the Outlook reminder sound?
To change the Outlook reminder sound, go to File > Options > Advanced. In the Reminders section, click on Browse and select the reminder sound of your choice. You can also download sounds in the ‘.wav’ format from the internet and set them up as reminder sound.