In today’s fast-paced world, email has become an essential tool of communication.
Whether it is for personal or professional use, we all rely on email to stay connected with others.
Occasionally, we may accidentally block someone on Gmail or later decide to unblock them. This can result in missed important emails and lost opportunities.
However, there is no need for concern as unblocking someone on Gmail is a straightforward process that can be completed in a few easy steps.
In this blog, we will provide a detailed guide on how to unblock someone on Gmail and offer solutions to common issues that may arise during the process
How to unblock someone on Gmail ?
There are two methods to unblock someone on Gmail one from the settings option and another from the inbox or spam folder.
Follow below mentioned steps to unblock someone on Gmail:
Unblock from settings
- Firstly, Open Gmail, tap on “Settings” icon and then select “See all settings”.
- To unblock an email address in Gmail, go to “Filters and blocked addresses” and find the email you want to unblock. Click on the “Unblock” button on the right and confirm when prompted.
- To unblock email addresses in Gmail, select the addresses and click on “Unblock email addresses” then “Unblock”.
Unblock from Inbox or Spam Folder
- To unblock someone in Gmail, open the Gmail and navigate to either your inbox or spam folder. Find the last email from the person you want to unblock
- In Gmail, click on “Unblock sender” to unblock the sender.
- Click on “Unblock”.
Note: If you are unable to find the “Unblock Sender” option in an email, there is an alternate way to unblock a sender in Gmail.
- To unblock a sender in Gmail, open their email and tap on the “three vertical dots” in the top-right corner. Then, select “Unblock” from the menu.
- Click on “Unblock”.
Also Check: How to add contacts on Gmail ?
How to unblock someone on Gmail on iPhone ?
Follow below mentioned steps to unblock someone on your iPhone:
- Firstly, Open Gmail, then click on your profile icon in Gmail’s top-right corner and select “Manage Your Google Account”.
- Secondly, choose “protect your account”.
- Thirdly, select “security checkup” and then tap on “Gmail settings”.
- Next, under the heading “Blocked email addresses,” you’ll find a list of all the users you’ve blocked.
- Finally, to unblock users, click on the “Unblock all” option to unblock all users or select the specific user you want to unblock.
How to unblock someone on Gmail Android ?
Follow below mentioned steps to unblock someone on your android devices:
- Open the Settings app on your Android phone or tablet, then go to Google and select Manage your Google Account.
- Tap on People & sharing at the top of the page.
- Under “Contacts,” select Blocked to view a list of accounts you have blocked across Google products.
- To unblock someone, find their name on the list and tap on Remove next to it.
How to unblock all blocked email address on Gmail ?
Follow below mentioned steps to unblock all blocked email address at once:
- To access your Google Account security settings, click on your profile picture in the upper-right corner of your Gmail inbox. In the menu, click on “Manage your Google Account”.This will take you to a page where you can view and manage your settings.
- To protect your Google Account, go to the “you have security recommendations” section on the next page and click the “Keep your account secure” link. This will open a new page with various security settings, including recent security activity and account recovery options.
- To view blocked email addresses, go to the “Security Checkup” page and click on “Gmail settings” at the bottom. This will display a list of all the email addresses you have previously blocked.
- To unblock all email addresses, click on the “Unblock all” button at the bottom of the blocked email addresses list. This will allow you to receive emails from them again.
Why am I not able to unblock an email on Gmail?
Sometimes, users may encounter an issue where they are unable to unblock Gmail addresses even after following the correct steps.
One reason for this could be the presence of filters. Filters play a crucial role in organizing emails in your inbox and other labels.
Therefore, it is important to check and edit any filters that may be preventing you from unblocking someone.
Steps to edit the filter are mentioned below.
- Open Gmail, click on “Settings” then “See all settings”.
- Remove the email I’d from the filter, click “Continue”.
- Click on “Update filter”.
Note: You can delete all filters in Gmail by clicking on the checkbox next to each filter, then clicking on the “Delete” button and confirming your action by clicking on “OK”.
In the next part of this blog, we are mentioning how to create a filter for receiving someone’s mail direct to your inbox.
Also Check: How to delete all unread emails on Gmail ?
How to receive mail directly into the inbox on Gmail?
Follow below mentioned steps to create a filter for receiving mail directly into your inbox.
- Open Gmail and click on the Filter option available in the search bar, as indicated in the image.
- Enter the email you want to give priority or make important for the future, click “Create filter”.
- Now, click on the “Always mark it as important” click “Create filter”.
In conclusion, unblocking someone on Gmail is a simple and straightforward process that can be done in just a few steps.
Whether you’re using a desktop computer, iPhone, or Android device, our blog has detailed instructions on how to unblock someone on Gmail.
We hope this guide was helpful in solving any problems related to blocked email addresses.
Always remember to double check before blocking someone to avoid missing important emails and opportunities.
Additionally, if you ever change your mind about blocking someone, you can easily unblock them by following the steps mentioned in this blog.
Frequently Asked Question’s (FAQ’s)
No, Google does not inform or notify the user, if you block someone.
No, block mails do not bounce; although, those mails go to Spam box which is also known as Junk Mail.
To unblock someone who has been blocked accidentally. Open his mail, click on “Unblock sender” click “Unblock.
This issue may occur due to filter restriction. Maybe you have blocked the email Id by creating a filter, like “Skip the inbox”.