You may have to refresh your Xfinity system if you face signal interruptions. Refreshing Xfinity box calibrates your TV box to the continuous change in the signal. Moreover, it can fix common account and TV box issues.
Follow up this article to refresh Xfinity and resend signal to Comcast cable TV box.
Use these quick links to catch up on the desired section of this article:
How to refresh the system on Xfinity?
You can easily refresh your Xfinity box from the TV itself. There are three methods to refresh the cable signal on Xfinity. Choose any of the following methods to refresh the device according to your convenience.
Say “System Refresh”
The easiest way to refresh the Xfinity box is to use your voice remote.
You can refresh Xfinity using your Voice remote by following steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, press the mic button on your voice remote, as shown in the below image, and say “System Refresh” (The position of the mic button varies from remote to remote).
- Subsequently, use the arrow keys on your remote, select Refresh Now and press OK.
- Your box will start refreshing, which will interrupt all the TVs and stop recordings associated with the box for up to 10 minutes.
- Then the box will restart, and you will see the Welcome screen.
- Upon completion of the system refresh, your TV will go live.
Go to the help section
Use the following steps to refresh the system using the help button on your Xfinity remote:
- Firstly, press the help button shown as A on your remote control, as shown in the picture below. (The position of the help button varies from remote to remote).
- Use the arrow keys to move to the System Refresh tile and press the OK button on the remote control.
- Subsequently, go to the Refresh Now option and press OK on the remote control.
- Then the box will start refreshing, interrupting all the recordings, live TV, and other background processes.
- Soon it will restart will the Welcome screen.
- Finally, upon successful system refresh, your TV will go live again.
Go to Settings
If you cannot find the help button on your remote control, you can refresh system from the settings itself.
- Firstly, press the Xfinity button on the remote control.
- Using the arrow keys on remove control, go to Settings shown as gear icon in the below image and then press OK.
- Then move down to the Help section and press Ok button on the remote control.
- Subsequently go to the System Refresh tile and press OK.
- Then select Refresh Now.
- Soon, it will restart and you will get the System refresh complete screen afterwards.
Note: Contacting Comcast support probably won’t be helpful if you want to get your system refreshed from their end. However, they can help in guiding the steps to perform a system refresh all by yourself.
Why my Xfinity system refresh is not working?
You cannot refresh your Xfinity box if there is a network outage in your area or you have recently refreshed your system. To briefly Know about both the reasons kindly read below.
- Network Outage
You cannot perform a system refresh if there is a TV outage in your area. However, Xfinity will prompt you to restart your TV box when you cannot perform a system refresh.
- Recent System Refresh
You can refresh the system once every 24 hours. However, if you face any issues, you can contact customer support by scheduling a call from the menu.
What is the difference between Xfinity system refresh and restart?
System refresh and restart are often confused with each other while talking about the Xfinity box.
System refresh will restart all of the boxes in your home and takes up to 10 minutes to complete. You can fix common issues such as missing channels and problems with On Demand content and DVR.
Whereas you can restart one device at a time using the Reset Device option, which takes up to 5 minutes to complete. Device restart can fix audio and slow processing issues.
Using the methods we have discussed in this article, you can easily calibrate your device with the incoming signal. Moreover, refreshing the system fixes problems related to missing channels, on-demand shows, DVR, etc.
What does system refresh do in Xfinity?
System refresh calibrates your Xfinity box to the prevailing signal. It fixes issues related to missing channels, On Demand content and DVR (Digital Video Recording), etc.
How long does an Xfinity system refresh take?
Xfinity system refresh takes up to 10 minutes, during which you cannot use live TV and DVR. Moreover, you might have to spend 1 or 2 minutes extra to start the process.
How are Xfinity system refresh and rebooting different?
Rebooting is restarting one device at a time, whereas system refresh is like restarting all the associated devices at once. Also, rebooting fixes audio and processing-related issues. Whereas system refresh fixes issues related to signaling such as missing channels, On Demand shows, and digital video recording.