Outlook is one of the prominent email services, which has been added in an essential list of today’s internet users; however, when the user faces issues like “Outlook not sending emails”. It became the worst moment for those users who were sending an urgent copy of their requirements or compiling quotes for their business.
Therefore, we have researched and fixed the issue by performing the mentioned solutions and we are writing the same to assist you in fixing the issue.
Quick fixes for Outlook not sending emails
Some quick fixes can help you in resolving your issue as soon as you meet up the requirement. Please check out these pointers; may it help you before following other mentioned steps in the blog.
- In the beginning, if you are not able to send an email on Outlook; you should check for Outlook connection. The Outlook connection icon is available on the right above of the home screen.
- Please check your internet connection; take internet speed test, if possible.
- Sometimes cache and other relevant aspects prevent the Operating system from performing the day-to-day task.
- If you have attached more than 20-25 MBs file, that may be a reason for not sending emails on Outlook.
Five Solutions to fix Outlook not sending emails.
- Start Outlook in Safe mode
- Create a new I’d
- Repair OST file
- Check for Authentication & Protocol
- Use different email service
A detail information with graphical representations are provided below.
Start Outlook in Safe mode
In case you cannot send emails from Outlook; you can also try to send an email using Safe mode. To use Safe mode, follow the mentioned steps in the below guidelines.
- Use your keyboard and give command Windows +R.
- Now, type “Outlook /safe” in the command box appear on the home screen, click the “Ok” button.
Note: Please input the same command on Outlook as mentioned above; and use the space bar after Outlook in the command.
Create a new I’d
Experts always recommend Outlook users have an alternate email Id as Outlook id often becomes corrupt due to different factors. If you have another email Id, you can use that id to send an email as the “Outlook not sending emails” issue can be resolved.
Moreover, we have provided here steps to create a new Id; therefore, follow to create one.
- Firslty, type “Control Panel” in the search bar.
- Now, choose the “User Accounts” option.
- On this page, click on the “Mail 32-bit” then click on the “Show Profiles…” on the prompt box.
- Click on the “Add” option, enter “Profile name” in the prompt box, click the “OK” button.
- Enter detail according to the boxes, and tap on the “Next” button.
- Now, click the “Next” .
Repair OST file
OST and PST files are crucial components of Outlook that can affect your mailing service and performance; therefore, you should check the file status and repair it to fix Outlook issues.
Performing the steps mentioned below will help you out in repairing the OST file.
Follow the below-mentioned points to run the command.
Note: Before performing the steps mentioned below, kindly “Exit” from Outlook.
- Choose the command as per your Windows version and put it in the search bar of File explorer.
Outlook 2010, Outlook 2016 and Outlook 2013: Repair Outlook Data Files command (.pst and .ost)
- 2019: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
- 2016: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
- 2013: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15
- 2010: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14
- 2007: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12
Note: Here, we have mentioned 5 commands that will help you in finding OST file on your Windows system.
- After running the above command, navigate “Scanpst.exe” and open as “Run as administrator”.
- On the next page you will get “Browse” option, here choose the file for repairing, and hit “Open”.
- Hit “Start” option.
- Click “Repair”.
- Now, click “OK”.
Use different email service
Still, if you could not get the desired outcome after following the above solution, we would recommend you to use a different email service for a while; as “Outlook not sending emails” is a temporary issue and can resolve in a while.
We hope the following solutions would assist you in fixing Outlook not sending emails issue. Moreover, we have also highlighted quick fixes in the initial segment of the blog, which could also help you to restore Outlook service as previous. As it is possible, you may not consider that your internet connection or Outlook connection is connected while performing the task.
For more tech related solution; kindly visit Assistme360.com
To fix Outlook issue, you can repair the PST file or can create a new Id to send email, as it is a temporary issue and resolve in a while.
This may happen due to corrupt OST and PST files or faulty Protocol issues. To fix the issue, check for those factors and try again.
Open outlook>File>options>advanced>“send and receive” (uncheck the option)> “send immediately when connected.” After following the above steps click on send/receive tab and increase the “automatic send and receive minutes.” And check.
To fix the error, fix the below requirements.
Connect with a stable internet connection.
Disable Windows firewall or Antivirus
Delete large size attachment mails
Use Outlook at Safe mode
Yes, you can or disconnect Outlook from online to offline mode, the icon placed above in the right of your home screen.