If you use a Chromebook for school, work, or browsing the web, you’ll probably need to take screenshots from time to time using the snipping tool on Chromebook.
Furthermore, you need to capture instructions, share an image online with a colleague, or annotate a web page, being able to easily take screenshots is very useful.
However, unlike Windows or Mac, Chromebooks don’t have a dedicated snipping tool that you can use to take screenshot on your Chromebook.
Here are some steps you can follow to use the snipping tool on Chromebook:
- To begin, press Shift+ Ctrl + Show Windows to open the Screenshot app.
- Furthermore, select the type of screenshot:
- Next, your selection will be highlighted.
- Then, click or press Enter to take the screenshot.
- Subsequently, the screenshot will be copied to your clipboard. Then you can paste it anywhere like Google Docs, emails, etc.
- Finally, to save it, click the arrow icon and select “Save.”
Furthermore, in this blog post, we’ll show you how to use the snipping tool on Chromebook and share some tips and tricks to get the most out of it.
Similarly, whether you want to save a web page, a document, or a video, the Chromebook Snipping Tool can help you do it easily and quickly.
How to use snipping tool on Chromebook ?
Do you want to take screenshots of your Chromebook screen? In this section, we’ll show you how to use the snipping tool on Chromebook, a useful feature that allows you to take full or partial screenshots with ease.
Furthermore, follow below mentioned methods to use snipping toll in Chromebook:
Using the built-in screenshot tool
- Firstly, open the Quick Settings panel by tapping the clock in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Secondly, click the screenshot icon (it looks like a camera).
- Thirdly, select the “Partial Screen” option.
- Next, click and drag your mouse to choose the area you want to capture. Furthermore, a blue border will show you the selection.
- Lastly, release the mouse button to take the screenshot. The image will be stored in your Downloads folder without any action from you.
Using the keyboard shortcut
- First, press Ctrl + Shift + Show Windows keys at the same time. The Show Windows key is usually located where the F5 key is on most keyboards.
- Next, your cursor will turn into a crosshair.
- Then, click and drag your mouse to choose the area you want to capture.
- Finally, release the mouse button to take the screenshot.
Snip a specific window
- First, press Ctrl + Alt + Show Windows keys together. The Show Windows key is the one with a stack of rectangles, usually above the number 6 key. On some Chromebook keyboards, the F5 key takes the place of Show Windows.
- Next, hover your mouse over the window you want to crop and click on it. Your Chromebook will automatically save the window as a screenshot.
- Then, open the screenshot from the preview window in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Finally, you can also find it in the Downloads folder.
For entire screen
- Firstly, press Ctrl and the show button at the same time. This will take a screenshot of the whole screen.
- Secondly, your screenshot will be saved in the download folder.
Also Check: What to do when your Chromebook freezes ?
How to use snipping tool on Chromebook without windows key ?
There are several ways to use the snipping tool on a Chromebook without needing the Windows key.
Here are some options, you can use to use snipping tool in Chromebook without windows key:
- Full Screenshot: Firstly, press Ctrl + Show Windows keys together. The Show Windows key is usually the fifth or sixth key in the top row, with three rectangles stacked vertically.
- Partial screenshot: Secondly, press Ctrl + Shift + Show Windows keys together. Next, your cursor will turn into a crosshair and you can click and drag to select the area you want to capture.
- Firstly, click the time on the Chromebook’s taskbar (shelf) to open the Quick Settings menu.
- Secondly, select the “Screenshot” icon.
- Next, you will be presented with options to choose from:
- To begin with, take a full screenshot to capture the entire screen.
- Alternatively, take a partial screenshot to select a custom area.
- Finally, take a window screenshot to capture only the active window.
Physical Buttons (for 2-in-1 Chromebooks)
- Firstly, press and hold the Power button.
- Next, while continuing to hold the Power button, press the Volume Down button as well.
- Then, when you press the Volume Down button simultaneously with the Power button, it will capture a full screen screenshot.
- Finally, the screenshot will be saved automatically to the Downloads folder for later access.
Stylus (if supported)
- Firstly, click the pencil icon on the Chromebook taskbar.
- Next, you will see options to capture screenshots.
- To begin with, select “Capture Screen” to take a full page screenshot of the entire screen.
- Alternatively, select “Capture Region” to take a partial screenshot.
- Then, use your mouse to draw a selection box around the desired area.
- Finally, the screenshot will be saved automatically to your Files folder for future use.
- Firstly, you can install Chrome extensions like “Awesome Screenshot” or “FireShot” to access additional features of the snipping tool.
- Next, such as annotations and capturing web pages.
How to take a screenshot on a school Chromebook ?
Taking screenshots on a school Chromebook is easy, and there are two main ways to do it:
Using the keyboard shortcut
- Firstly, most Chromebooks have a dedicated screenshot key.
- Next, this screenshot key is usually located on the top row of keys, near the F10 key.
- Furthermore, it may look like a rectangle with two horizontal lines inside.
- To take a screenshot, initially press the dedicated screenshot key.
Screenshot key on Chromebook
- Firstly, if your Chromebook doesn’t have a screenshot key, you can use the following keyboard shortcuts:
- Next, for a full screen screenshot: Press Ctrl + Show Windows (the key with two vertical lines above the Ctrl key).
- Alternatively, for a partial screenshot: Press Shift + Ctrl + Show Windows . Then click and drag to select the area you want to capture.
- Finally, for a screenshot of the window: Press Alt + Show Windows. Then, choose the window you want to save as a screenshot.
Using the screenshot tool
- First, click on the clock in the lower right corner of your screen.
- Next, select Screenshot.
- Then, choose whether you want to capture the en tire screen, a specific window, or a partial area.
- Finally, click Capture.
Also Check: Why is my Chromebook screen glitching ?
In this post, you learned how to use the snipping tool on Chromebook, a useful feature that allows you to capture and edit screenshots on your device.
You also learned how to use different methods to take screenshots, such as the built-in screenshot tool, keyboard shortcuts, and quick settings menu.
You also discovered how to crop a specific window or use the snipping tool without the Windows key.
Taking screenshots on your Chromebook can be useful for many purposes, such as documenting your work, sharing your ideas, or annotating your web pages.
With the Chromebook snipping tool, you can easily and quickly take screenshots of any area, window, or the entire screen.
Frequently Asked Question’s (FAQ’s)
To crop a Chromebook, you can press Shift + Ctrl + Show Windows keys together and drag the crosshair over the area you want to capture. Alternatively, you can click on the Screenshot option in the Quick Settings panel.
Press Shift + Ctrl + Show Windows keys together and drag the crosshair over the area you want to capture. Alternatively, you can click on the Screenshot option in the Quick Settings panel.
One way to use the snipping tool on a Chromebook without a Windows key is to click the Screenshot option in the Quick Settings panel and select the area you want to capture. Another way is to use the stylus to click the Screenshot option in the menu and draw the region to take a screenshot.