Have you misplaced your AirPods case? Don’t panic, there are ways to find your lost AirPod case without AirPods inside.
Firstly, AirPods are very convenient because their long battery life lets you use them without constantly having the case nearby.
However, this freedom makes AirPods cases easy to misplace. Secondly, whether the case still holds your AirPods or not, here is a some quick steps to find your AirPod without AirPods inside:
- First, on your iOS device open Find My app.
- Secondly, select the Devices tab.
- Thirdly, tap your AirPods to see their last known location.
- Finally, if one AirPod is still in the case and it’s open, you can play a sound to help track it down.
Moreover, even if the case is empty, Find My will show where it was last seen.
Consequently, just make sure both your devices and AirPods are signed into iCloud.
Therefore, with Find My’s tracking features, you don’t have to worry as much about misplacing those tiny AirPods cases.
How to find your lost AirPod case with no AirPods inside ?
The second-generation AirPods Pro features a handy U1 chip that lets you locate a lost case even when it’s empty.
Furthermore, if you have second generation AirPods, you don’t have to worry about their case.
In addition, Apple made it easy to find your lost AirPod case without AirPods inside.
Follow below mentioned steps to find your AirPod case without AirPods inside:
- To begin, open Find My app on iOS device.
- Next, find your AirPods Pro and tap it.
- Then, you’ll see options to “Play Sound,” get “Direction,” or click “Search.”
- Additionally, “Play sound” will activate a chime to help you locate it.
- Furthermore, “Directions” shows your last known location on a map.
- Finally, “Search” update’s location if you move.
How to track your AirPods case when the AirPods are missing ?
In this section we are going to provide detailed steps about the methods that we mentioned in the above section (Play Sound, Map Direction and Search) to find your Apple AirPod case without AirPods inside.
Follow below mentioned methods to find your lost AirPod case without AirPods inside:
Play Sound and Find feature
The Find My app lets you locate a lost AirPods case by playing a sound inside the AirPods or viewing their last known location via Bluetooth.
However, only second-generation AirPods Pro cases can be tracked independently with Find My app.
Furthermore, for other AirPods cases, they need to have at least one AirPod inside and the case must be open.
Conversely, when the case is closed, the AirPods inside are disconnected, so Find My cannot detect their location.
Follow below steps to find your missing AirPod case using Find My App feature :
- First, open the Find My app on your iOS device.
- Next, select the Devices tab and choose your AirPods.
- Then, tap “Play Sound” to remotely activate a sound on the AirPods inside the case.
- Alternatively, tap “Search” to see the case’s last known location on a map based on its Bluetooth signal.
Use Map directions
If your AirPods case is lost or stolen outside of your device’s Bluetooth range, the “Play Sound” and “Search” options in Find My won’t work.
However, you can still locate it using Directions if there is at least one AirPod inside the case.
Follow below mentioned steps to find your AirPod case without AirPods inside using Map direction:
- First, open the Find My app and go to the Devices tab.
- Secondly, select your AirPods from the list.
- Subsequently, a map will appear showing the last known location of the AirPods case. This will be the location where the case was last connected to your device via Bluetooth.
- Finally, tap the Directions icon for turn-by-turn navigation that will take you to the location where your lost AirPods case was last seen.
If you’ve misplaced your AirPod case, iCloud offers another way to locate it remotely.
Follow below mentioned steps to find AirPod case without AirPods inside using iCloud:
- Initially, visit icloud.com/find and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Next, click “All devices” at the top right and select your AirPods from the list.
- Subsequently, tap the “Play Sound” button to activate an audible sound on the AirPods inside the case (if it is open with at least one AirPod inserted).
- Finally, follow the sound to recover your lost AirPods case.
Also Check: How to turn off AirPod Max ?
How to find a first generation lost AirPods case ?
You can’t use the Find My app to track your lost first generation AirPod case without the AirPods inside, except for the second-generation AirPods Pro.
Similarly, on all other versions of AirPods, you need at least one AirPod inside the case to locate it.
However, alternatively, you can use tracking devices such as Apple’s Air Tag or Tile trackers to find an empty AirPods case.
Your case can connect to these devices and track them through their respective apps.
Furthermore, as another option, you can try to remember where you last used or placed your case or contact Apple Support for a replacement if you have your case’s serial number.
What is AirPods Lost Mode, and how to use it ?
To begin, lost Mode is a useful Find My feature that allows you to mark misplaced AirPods as “lost.” Furthermore, once enabled, you’ll receive a notification if your AirPods case reconnects to the internet via Bluetooth.
Then, lost Mode also allows you to leave a message for whoever finds your AirPods asking them to contact you.
Follow below mentioned steps to activate lost mode on your AirPods:
- Firstly, open the Find My app and go to the Devices tab.
- Secondly, select your AirPods from the list.
- In last, scroll down and tap “Enable” in the Lost Mode section.
How to find AirPod case on Android ?
To begin, finding your AirPod case on an Android device can be tricky, as there is no official Find My app for Android.
However, alternatively, there are a few possible ways to locate your case, depending on your situation.
Firstly, if you have second-generation AirPods Pro, you can track the case separately, even if the AirPods aren’t inside.
Furthermore, you’ll need to install the app on your Android device and pair it with your AirPods case before you lost it.
Secondly, if you have any other AirPods model, you will only be able to track the case if there is at least one AirPod inside.
Similarly, you can use the same apps mentioned above, or other similar apps, to find your case using Bluetooth or GPS.
Again, you’ll need to install the app on your Android device and pair it with your AirPods before you lose them.
Finally, you will need to purchase the tracking device separately and configure it with your Android device.
In last, if none of the above methods work, you can try to remember where you last used or placed your case or contact Apple Support for a replacement if you have your case’s serial number.
How to replace your AirPods case ?
If you have older AirPods models in addition to the second-generation AirPods Pro, it’s not possible to locate a lost case without an AirPod inside.
As a result, in this situation, either try to find your lost case or buy a new one.
Furthermore, replacement case sellers like ReCellExchange offer original, affordable AirPods cases with a 90-day warranty and free shipping.
Consequently, getting a new charging case allows you to continue using your AirPods.
Follow the seps mentioned below to purchase the replacement AirPods case:
- First, go to Settings > Bluetooth and forget about your existing AirPods.
- Next, place an AirPod in the new case and open the lid to activate an on-screen message.
- Then, click “Connect” and press and hold the settings button on the back of the case.
- Finally, follow the flashing light pairing instructions that appear on your device.
In conclusion, losing your AirPod case can be frustrating. However, there are ways to find it without the AirPods inside.
Ultimately, depending on your AirPods model and Bluetooth connection availability, you can use the Find My app, iCloud, or map directions to locate your lost case.
Specifically, you can also play a sound to help you locate it if an AirPod is still in the case and open.
In last, by using these methods, you will hopefully be able to recover your AirPods case and enjoy your wireless headphones again.
Frequently Asked Question’s (FAQ’s)
The signal from the device that connects to AirPods allows them to track the device, but only within about 40 feet (10 meters). This is the standard Bluetooth range. If your AirPods are out of this range, you’ll only be able to see their last known location in the Find My app or iCloud.
Your iCloud account and device can track AirPods if the AirPods remain paired with your iCloud account and are within Bluetooth range of your device. However, factory resetting the AirPods prevents the previous owner from tracking them.
Yes, AirPods can make a sound when lost, but only under certain conditions. You can use the Find My app on your iPhone or iPad to play a sound on your AirPods, but only if they’re out of the case and within Bluetooth range of your device.