If you’re using Outlook’s Calendar feature to manage important meetings, events, birthdays, and anniversaries, you may find it helpful to also include holidays.
Furthermore, Outlook makes it easy to mark important dates, including national holidays.
In addition, Outlook allows users to select which country or country holidays they want to see directly within the calendar.
Similarly, with a simple click, you can add holidays from different countries to keep track throughout the year.
Likewise, instead of having to manually search for each date, Outlook automatically fills in the holidays once the appropriate country is selected.
Consequently, this prevents users from missing important holidays or having to constantly search for dates online.
Therefore, by taking advantage of Outlook’s country-specific holidays feature, your calendar acts as a one-stop-shop for reminders of both personal and public occasions.
How to add holidays to Outlook calendar ?
In this section, we’ll walk you through the steps to add holidays to your Outlook calendar so you can stay organized and never miss an important date again.
- Firstly, open Outlook and click the Calendar link.
- Secondly, click File tab.
- Thirdly, select Options.
- Then, in the new dialogue box click Calendar.
- Following that, in the Calendar options, click Add holidays.
- Furthermore, choose the countries for which you want to add holidays by checking the corresponding boxes.
- Next, click OK to confirm your selections.
- Finally, when the holidays have finished being added to your calendar, click OK again to close the Outlook Options window.
Note: Christmas and Easter are considered secular (as well as religious) holidays, so they are added to your calendar when you choose United States without needing to also select Christian religious holidays.
Also Check: How to create a rule in Outlook ?
How to add holidays to Outlook Web ?
Follow below mentioned steps to add holidays to Outlook web:
- Firstly, sign in to your Outlook.com account.
- Secondly, click the Calendar icon.
- Thirdly, in the Calendar navigation pane, click Add calendar.
- Following that, in the Add calendar dialog box, select Holidays.
- Then, select the country or region for which you wish to include holidays
- Finally, click Add.
The holidays for the selected country or region will be added to your calendar.
How to add US holidays to Outlook calendar ?
Follow below mentioned steps toad US holidays to Outlook calendar:
- Firstly, launch Outlook and navigate to the Calendar section.
- Secondly, on the File menu, select Options and then Calendar.
- Thirdly, in the Calendar options, find and select the Add Holidays button.
- Subsequently, check the United States box to add its holidays to your calendar.
- Next, confirm your selections by clicking OK.
- Finally, once the holidays have been added to your calendar, close the Outlook Options window by clicking OK.
Also Check: How to fix Outlook working offline ?
How to add holidays to Outlook calendar on iPhone ?
Unfortunately, it is currently not possible to add holiday calendars directly in the Outlook app for iPhone. However, if you have an Exchange account, you can try the following solution:
- Firstly, sign in to Outlook Web Application (OWA).
- Secondly, in the calendar option click on Add Calendar.
- Thirdly, in the new dialogue box select holidays and then select country.
- Next, click OK
- Finally, the holidays will then sync to your Outlook client for iPhone.
How to add holidays to Outlook calendar on Android ?
Outlook for Android supports calendar functionality. Similarly, you can view, create and manage events and appointments within the app.
Furthermore, the latest update to Microsoft Outlook on Android supports two-way syncing between Google Calendar and other calendars.
Likewise, this means that events created in other calendar apps like Google Calendar and Samsung Calendar can now be viewed and edited from Outlook mobile and vice versa.
How do I delete holidays from my Outlook calendar ?
Follow below mentioned steps to delete holidays from Outlook:
- Firstly, in your Calendar, navigate to View, select Change View, and then choose List.
- Secondly, in the Arrangement group, click on Categories to sort all events by category.
- Thirdly, scroll through the list until you find the Holidays category.
- Next, select one or more holidays to delete. Note that holidays are sorted by location, which groups them by country.
- Subsequently, once you have selected the holidays you want to delete, go to Home and click on Delete.
- Finally, to return to your regular Calendar view, navigate to View, select Change View, and then choose Calendar.
In conclusion, adding holidays to your Outlook calendar is a great way to stay organized and never miss an important date again.
Similarly, whether you’re using the desktop version of Outlook, Outlook Web, or the mobile app for iPhone or Android, there are easy steps you can follow to add holidays from different countries and regions.
Likewise, with just a few clicks, you can have all the important dates at your fingertips, making it easier for you to plan your agenda and stay on top of everything.
Furthermore, this feature not only saves you time and effort by automatically filling in holidays for the selected country or region, but also helps you avoid missing important holidays or having to constantly search for dates online.
Frequently Asked Question’s (FAQ’s)
At present, Outlook for Mac does not have the capability to add holidays to calendars. However, you can use the Calendar app on your Mac as an alternative.
Open Outlook 365.
Click the File tab.
In the Outlook Options dialog box, click the Calendar tab.
Under Calendar options, click Add Holidays.
In the dialog box for adding holidays to your calendar, choose the countries whose holidays you would like to include.
To remove holidays from your Outlook 365 calendar, open the Calendar folder, click List in the Change View list, and select the items you want to remove.