Sometimes we want to keep our purchases secret. Maybe it’s a surprise gift for a loved one, or maybe it’s just something you’d prefer to keep private. Whatever the reason, to delete Amazon order history, we’ve got you covered!
Firstly, we’re answering a common question today: Can you delete your Amazon order history?
The simple answer is no, but don’t worry, we have some ways to keep your shopping secret and safe.
Furthermore, in this blog post, we will explore how you can hide your Amazon orders and purchases from prying eyes. This is useful if you’re sharing your account with others and you’d prefer to keep your purchase history private.
First of all, we will introduce you to the magic of Amazon household accounts. This useful feature lets you hide your orders from your family. It’s like having your own private shopping corner!
Furthermore, we will guide you on how to archive your orders. Think of it as putting those old purchases in a virtual storage box, hidden away from everyone.
Additionally, we will also guide you on how to keep your browsing history private. After all, no one needs to know about your late-night shopping, right?
Plus you will also learn how to change the delivery address for those secret gifts.
And last but not least, we’ll explore the world of Amazon Lockers – a secure and convenient way to receive your packages.
Ensure that these feature are specifically designed for Amazon.com on a computer and cannot be used on mobile devices or the Amazon app but you can use desktop site in mobile browser to access these features.
Hide your orders using an Amazon Household account
Imagine you’ve just found the perfect gift for your spouse’s birthday on Amazon.
However, you suddenly remember! They share your Amazon account and might see the purchase in the history. Consequently, what do you do? Well, let’s introduce you with the Amazon Household Account!
This useful feature is like a secret hideout for your purchases, away from the prying eyes of your family members. But remember, it’s a privilege only for the Amazon Prime members.
Imagine it as a big, happy family living under the same roof, but everyone has their own room.
Furthermore, you can share your Prime benefits with another adult and even with the teenagers and children in your household.
However, the best thing is that no one else can see what you buy, what you like or what you are looking at. Everything is kept secret.
You can share this account up to members of your family:
- The parents: Two adults (18 or older), each with their own Amazon account.
- The teenagers: Up to four profiles for those rebellious years (ages 13-17).
- The little ones: Up to four child profiles (12 and under).
So, that’s it! With an Amazon Household Account, you can secretly buy surprises and still enjoy Prime benefits.
How to hide your Amazon orders without Prime ?
Don’t have a Prime membership? No problem! You still have ways to keep your Amazon account private.
You can put your orders in a virtual box, it’s called archiving. Do you want to hide what you’ve been looking at? You can do that too by turning off your browsing history!
And if you don’t want others to know where you receive things, just change the address.
Additionally, you can receive your things in an Amazon Locker. It’s like your own secret mailbox.
Archive Amazon Orders
Follow below mentioned steps to Archive your Amazon orders history:
- Firstly, to get started, launch your preferred web browser and navigate to amazon.com. Next, sign in to the Amazon account that contains the order you want to hide. In the upper right corner of the website, select “Return and orders “.
- Secondly, you will be presented with a list of all orders placed on Amazon with that account. Find the order you want to hide in this list.
- Thirdly, once located, select “Archive Order” located in the lower left corner of the order information box.
- Next, a pop-up window will appear asking for confirmation, select “Archive order“.
- Finally, the order will no longer be visible in the main order list. However, it can still be viewed in the “Archived Orders” section of your account
Note: Amazon allows you to archive up to 500 orders in total.
How to Unarchive your orders ?
If you want to show (or reveal) hidden orders, follow these steps in a desktop web browser:
- Firstly, open Amazon.com and sign in to your account.
- Secondly, click “Accounts & Lists” in the top right corner of screen.
- Thirdly, in the pop-up menu that appears, select “Account.”
- Next, scroll down in “ordering and shopping preferences “and choose “Archived Orders“.
- Finally, in the “Archived Orders” section, scroll to find the archived order you want to display. Click on “Unarchive Order” link below.
After completing these steps, the previously archived order will reappear in its original place in your order history.
Turn –off browsing history
Imagine you’re on Amazon, clicking and browsing products. But did you know that your browsing history is like an open book that reveals what you like and don’t like when you shop?
It’s like taking a look at your shopping cart, showing what you’ve bought or might buy, some of which could be quite personal.
Turning off browsing history is an easy way to keep your purchases private. This way, you won’t spoil any surprises or let anyone find out about your secret Amazon purchases.
Follow below mentioned steps to manage your browsing history:
- Firstly, navigate to the Amazon home page and select “Browsing History.”
- Secondly, click on the ‘View and Edit‘ option that appears in the menu.
- Finally, to remove a specific item from your history, select “Remove from view.” If you want to delete all items, select “Manage History” and then turn “Browsing History” on or off depending on your preferences.
By following these steps, you can effectively manage your browsing history on Amazon and improve the privacy of your online shopping experience.
Change delivery location
If you’re looking to hide your Amazon orders without a Prime membership, one way is to change your delivery location.
Furthermore, you can choose to have your orders delivered to an alternative address, such as a friend or family member’s residence, or even your workplace.
Additionally, to do this, log in to your Amazon account and navigate to the “Accounts & Lists” menu. From there, select “Your Addresses.” This could be a useful step in the process if you’re looking to delete your Amazon order history.
Furthermore, you will then have the option to add a new address and set it as your default shipping address.
Consequently, all future orders will be shipped to this new location instead of your home address.
Choose Amazon Locker
Amazon Lockers offers a convenient solution for those looking to keep their Amazon orders private, even without a Prime membership.
This service is particularly useful if you’re trying to delete your Amazon order history, as it provides an extra layer of privacy.
Furthermore, these lockers allow you to receive your orders in a safe place, instead of at your home.
Additionally, this provides the flexibility to collect your order at a time that suits you, without the worry of someone else seeing it.
Follow below mentioned steps to use Amazon Lockers:
- Firstly, to locate the nearest Amazon locker, visit the Amazon website and select the “Find a locker near you” option.
- Secondly, you can then search for the most convenient Amazon Locker location by entering a zip code, address, or landmark.
- Finally, when placing an order, the location of this locker will appear as an address option. If you choose locker delivery, Amazon will automatically email you a six-digit code needed to access the locker.
Note: You have three days to pick up your item before returning it to Amazon.
By using this method, you can ensure the privacy of your Amazon orders and collect them at your convenience.
Also Check: How long does it take for Amazon to refund ?
In conclusion, we have explored how to keep your purchases secret. From the magic of Amazon household accounts to the art of filing orders, we’ve covered it all to delete Amazon order history.
Remember, these features are designed for Amazon.com on a computer and cannot be used on mobile devices or in the Amazon app.
But do not worry; you can still access them using the desktop site on your mobile browser.
So whether you’re planning a surprise birthday gift or just want to keep your guilty pleasures to yourself, these tips and tricks will ensure your shopping secrets are safe.
Frequently Asked Question’s (FAQ’s)
The archive feature is not available in the Amazon apps for Android and iPhone. However, you can still file an order using your mobile browser by accessing Amazon’s desktop site.
Go to the Amazon website and sign in to your account.
Select “Accounts & Lists” top right corner of the page.
Select “Browsing History” from the drop-down menu.
Click “Manage History” in the upper right corner.
Click on “Remove all items from view.
Archiving an order on Amazon means you’re hiding it from your default view of order history. This is usually done for orders that you are no longer interested in referencing.