AirPods have been making waves since their launch in 2016 and their popularity has only grown since then. They have become so ubiquitous that even Android users have become curious about using them and have been searching how to connect AirPods to android.
Consequently, the question that arises is: “Can AirPods connect to Android?” The answer is yes, but there are some limitations.
While Apple has designed AirPods to work perfectly with its own products, and while they can be used with Android devices, some features will not be available.
Specifically, these include spatial audio, adaptive equalizer, ear tip fit test, control customization, battery life status indicator, and more.
However, if you don’t mind these inconveniences, read on to learn how to connect your AirPods to an Android phone.
To begin, here’s a quick answer to get you started: Press and hold the Settings button on the AirPods case while the headphones are inside to connect the AirPods to your Android device. Then, go to Settings > Bluetooth > Pair new device on your phone and select AirPods to pair.
Once you have completed these steps, you will be able to use your AirPods with your Android device.
How to connect AirPods to Android ?
AirPods are a popular choice for wireless headphones. Consequently, if you are an Android user and recently purchased Apple AirPods, you may be wondering how to connect them to your device.
Reassuringly, connecting your AirPods to an Android device is easier than you think.
Follow below mentioned steps to connect Apple AirPods to your Android devices.
- First, to access the notification panel, drag your finger from the top edge of the screen downwards.
- Subsequently, touch and hold the Bluetooth icon. Alternatively, if you don’t see the Bluetooth option, check your device settings.
- Next, turn on Bluetooth in your device settings.
- Then, tap “Pair new device.”
- Following this, open the lid of your AirPods case.
- Moreover, press and hold the button on the back of the AirPods case until the light flashes.
- As a result, your AirPods should now appear in the list of available Bluetooth devices on your Android.
- Thereafter, select your AirPods from the list to start pairing them.
- After that, follow this instruction to complete pairing.
- Finally, once paired, your AirPods will automatically connect to your Android as long as it’s within range.
How to connect AirPods Max to your Android device ?
If you have an Android device and want to use Apple’s AirPods Max, you may consequently be wondering if they are compatible.
Reassuringly, the good news is that you can pair AirPods Max with any Bluetooth device, including Android phones and tablets.
Follow below mentioned steps to connect AirPods Max to your Android device.
- To begin with, swipe down from the top of the screen to open the notification panel.
- Subsequently, touch and hold the Bluetooth icon.
- Then, open your device’s Settings app to navigate to the Bluetooth settings page.
- Next, turn on Bluetooth if it is not already on.
- After that, tap “Pair New Device” to begin pairing.
- Following this, on your AirPods Max, press and hold the noise control button until the light flashes white at the bottom.
- Consequently, your AirPods Max should now appear in the list of available Bluetooth devices on your Android.
- Alternatively, if you don’t see them, check “Available Devices” or tap “Refresh” to refresh the list.
- From there, select your AirPods Max from the list of devices.
- Finally, follow the screen instructions to complete the pairing.
Once paired, your AirPods Max will automatically connect if they are within range of your Android device.
Also Check: How to change Voicemail on Android ?
Why won’t my AirPods connect to my Android phone ?
While the steps outlined above should make your AirPods connect to your Android phone. Unfortunately, in some cases this process may not work correctly.
Specifically, the most common reason pairing fails is that your smartphone cannot detect the AirPods when you tap Pair new device. Alternatively, this can occur when.
- To begin with, make sure your AirPods are not currently connected to another device. Specifically, you will need to disconnect any other paired devices.
- Next, check the battery levels of both your AirPods and the charging case. Particularly, if it is low, please charge them fully before trying to pair them again.
- Additionally, make sure your devices are within Bluetooth range, which is usually about 30 feet. If necessary, it may be helpful to zoom in so that the devices are as close to each other as possible.
Additional troubleshooting steps:
- First, turn off your Android’s Bluetooth and turn it back on.
- Additionally, restart your Android device.
- Then, try connecting your AirPods to a different Android phone to see if the issue is device specific.
- As a subsequent last resort, reset your AirPods to factory settings by holding the button on the back of the case until you see the amber and white flashing lights. This will delete all previous pairings.
- In last, if the connection issue persists after trying these common solutions, contact Apple Support for further troubleshooting help specific to your AirPods and Android device.
Also Check: How to close tabs on Android for all browsers ?
How to factory reset your Apple AirPods ?
If your AirPods are experiencing unexpected problems, a factory reset can help fix many common problems. Specifically, a reset unpairs AirPods from all paired devices and accounts.
Moreover, in this article, we have mentioned the steps to reset Apple AirPods with an Android device.
As an alternative, we have also explained what to do if your AirPods are not connected to your Android devices.
If they are not connected to your Android device, you can use any iPhone device of your friends, colleagues, or family members .
Follow below mentioned steps to reset your Apple AirPods using iOS device.
Reset AirPods using Android Device
- To begin, make sure the AirPods are in the charging case.
- Subsequently, navigate to Bluetooth settings on your Android smartphone.
- Next, tap the gear/settings icon next to the AirPods input and then, select “Unpair.”
- Following this, press and hold the settings button on the back of the AirPods case until the light flashes red.
- Initially, continue holding the button until the light flashes white.
- Consequently, the AirPods have now been reset to factory settings.
- Finally, now you can pair AirPods with your Android device again from scratch.
Reset AirPods using iOS device
- First, place your AirPods in their charging case and close the lid. Wait 30 seconds and then open the lid.
- Next, on your iOS device, go to Settings > Bluetooth and tap the “I” icon next to your AirPods.
- Then, Tap Forget this device and tap again to confirm.
- Next, place your AirPods in their charging case and keep the lid open. Press and hold the settings button on the back of the case for about 15 seconds, until the status light flashes white.
- Finally, reconnect your AirPods: With your AirPods in their charging case and the lid open, place your AirPods near your iOS device.
In conclusion, AirPods are not only compatible with Apple devices, but also with Android devices. However, some features may not work as expected, such as spatial audio, adaptive equalizer, battery life indicator, and more.
Furthermore, to connect your AirPods to your Android device, you need to pair them using Bluetooth, which is a simple and straightforward process.
Next, whether you have AirPods or AirPods Max, you can enjoy wireless audio with your Android phone or tablet. However, if you encounter any issues, you can try resetting your AirPods, updating your Android software, or contact Apple support for help.
Frequently Asked Question’s (FAQ’s)
Put your AirPods in the charging case and open the case.
Press and hold the settings button on the back of the case until the status light flashes white.
Your AirPods are now in pairing mode and ready to connect to any Bluetooth device.
Yes, AirPods can connect to Samsung phones and TVs via Bluetooth. However, some AirPods features may not work on Android, such as: digital assistant support, adaptive equalizer, spatial audio, and H1 chip support.
Share audio with your friends’ AirPods or Beats headphones by tapping the AirPlay button, selecting Share Audio, and holding the headphones close to each other.