Have you ever wanted to send an email to multiple recipients without having to type or select each email address individually? If so, you might be interested in learning how to create email group in Gmail.
Furthermore, email groups are a convenient way to organize your contacts and communicate with them more efficiently. In addition, with email groups, you can send a single email to a group of people with just a few clicks.
Here are some simple steps to create email group in Gmail:
- First, visit Google Contacts and sign in with your Gmail account.
- Then, click the Label icon and press Create Label.
- Next, enter a name for your group and click Save.
- Furthermore, click Contacts, Frequent Contacts, or Directory and select the contacts you want to include in your group.
- After that, click the Label icon again and choose the group name from the list.
- Finally, to send an email to the group, compose a new message and enter the group name in the To field.
You can also customize your email groups according to your needs and preferences. In addition, in this blog post, we’ll show you how to create and use email groups in Gmail, as well as some tips and tricks to get the most out of this feature.
How to create an email group in Gmail ?
Email is one of the most essential and convenient ways of communicating online.
Furthermore, whether you want to send a message to your friend, apply for a job, or sign up for a newsletter, you need an email address.
In this section, we will firstly show you how to create an email account in Gmail, one of the most popular and trusted email services in the world.
Secondly, you can also learn how to create an email group in Gmail in two different ways.
Use Google Contacts
- Firstly, go to Google contacts.
- Then, click the “Create Label” button (the label with a plus sign next to it).
- Next, enter a name for your group in the “Name” field.
- After that, click “Contacts” or “Frequently Contacted” to select the contacts you want to add to your group. Another option is to use the search bar to look for specific contacts.
- Furthermore, click the check box next to each contact you want to add to the group.
- Finally, click “Apply.”
- Firstly, open Gmail and click “Compose” to start a new email.
- Then, in the “To” field, begin typing the name of the group you want to create.
- Next, a list of suggested groups will appear as you type. Select the group you want to create.
- Furthermore, if the group you want to create is not listed, you can create it by entering the group name in the “To” field and pressing Enter.
- Finally, a pop-up window will appear asking you to confirm the group name. Click “Create Group.”
Your group will now be created. You can send an email to your group by typing the group name in the “To” field of a new email.
Also Check: How to create rules in Gmail ?
How to create a group email in Gmail without recipients showing ?
One way to do this is to use the BCC (blind copy) field when composing your email. This will hide the recipients’ email addresses from each other.
Follow below mentioned steps to create a group email in Gmail without recipients showing:
- Firstly, click the Compose button to start a new email.
- Then, in the To field, type Undisclosed Recipients followed by your own email address in angle brackets. For example, undisclosed recipients [email protected].
- Next, click the Bcc field and enter the email addresses of the recipients you want to send to. You can separate them with commas or use the name of a Gmail group if you have one.
- Furthermore, write your subject line and message as usual. Make sure you don’t address recipients as a group, as they don’t know who else you’re sending to.
- Finally, click the Send button to send your email.
- Additionally, you can also use Google Groups to create a group email account that can be used as a collaborative inbox. This way you can share and reply to messages posted by group members or clients.
Also Check: Mark all as read in Gmail
What are the benefits of creating email groups in Gmail ?
Create email group in Gmail to enjoy many benefits for personal and professional communication. Some of the benefits are:
Saving time and effort: Firstly, you can send an email to multiple recipients with just a few clicks, without having to type or select each email address individually. This can save you time and reduce the chances of forgetting or misspelling someone’s email address.
Organize contacts: Secondly, you can group your contacts according to different criteria, such as their department, team, project, interest or relationship. This can help you keep track of your contacts and manage them more easily.
Message Personalization: Thirdly, you can personalize the content and tone of your email to suit the specific group you are sending it to. For example, you can use a formal, informative style for your colleagues and an informal, friendly style for your friends.
Improved Email Marketing: Finally, you can segment your audience and send them relevant and personalized emails that fit their needs and preferences. This can increase email open rates, click-through rates, and conversions.
Also Check: Fix Gmail filters not working issue
How to access group email in Gmail ?
There are different ways to access your group email in Gmail, depending on how you created the group and what features you want to use. Below are some common methods:
- Firstly, if you created a group using Google Contacts, you can access it by clicking the Google apps icon (grid icon) at the top right of Gmail and choosing Contacts from the drop-down menu. Furthermore, in the left sidebar, under Tags, you’ll find the names of your groups. Select the group you want to work with.
- Secondly, if you created a group using Google Groups, you can access it by clicking the Google apps icon (grid icon) at the top right of Gmail and choosing Groups from the drop-down menu. Furthermore, at the top, click My Groups and select All Groups & Messages. In the search box, enter the group name, email address, or a group topic and press Enter.
- Thirdly, if you created a group using Google Groups as your collaborative inbox, you can access it by clicking the Google Apps icon (grid icon) at the top right of Gmail and choosing Groups from the drop-down menu. Next, click the group name, and then click the Collaborative Inbox tab. You can view conversations posted by group members or clients and take, assign, or unassign them.
In conclusion, email groups in Gmail are a great way to save time and effort when sending emails to multiple recipients, especially if you need to communicate with them frequently or on a regular basis.
Furthermore, you can create and use email group in Gmail in different ways, depending on your needs and preferences.
For example, you can use Google Contacts to create a label for your group and add contacts to it.
Additionally, you can use Google Groups to create a collaborative inbox for your group and share messages with them.
Moreover, you can also hide recipients’ email addresses from each other using the BCC field or Google Groups, which can protect their privacy and prevent unwanted responses or spam.
Therefore, email groups in Gmail are a useful and convenient feature that can help you manage your contacts and communicate with them more efficiently.
Frequently Asked Question’s (FAQ’s)
Create label and add contacts in Google Contacts. You can then use the tag name as the recipient when composing an email.
The Groups button is in the Contacts app, which you can access by clicking the Google Apps icon (grid icon) at the top right of Gmail and choosing Contacts from the drop-down menu.
To share an email group in Gmail, you must use a third-party app like Shared Contacts for Gmail or Google Groups and select the users or groups you want to share the group with.