Fixing the “Gmail app crashing, Gmail app keeps crashing android” issue would be easily solved by following this blog; we have mentioned seven different solutions for resolving the issue;
Kindly go through the solutions one by one to resolve “Gmail app crashing, Gmail app crashing on android” issue.
There are seven solutions to fix the “Gmail app crashing on Android” issue.
- Restart your device
- Clear the cache
- Check for Gmail application Update
- Disable Dark Mode
- Turn Off Sync
- Remove account and Sign-in
- Reinstall Gmail app
So, let’s dive into the plethora of solutions to solve the “Gmail app keeps crashing or Gmail app keeps closing” issue.
1. Restart your device
Yes, this is one of the best and the universal solution for most of the issues; thus, we have listed it as the first solution. Restarting your device improves device performance and reduces system capability.
So, please restart your device for better performance; if you do not get a better result, we recommend you apply other steps given in this blog. To restart, press the power button and select the “Restart” option.
2. Clear the cache
Clearing cache is a solution that help users to get back to their previous session.
Follow the below steps to clear the Gmail Application cache.
- Hold the Gmail app for few seconds; you will see an option “App info” press it.
- Click on the “Clear data” and then click on “Clear cache”.
- Click on the “OK” button.
3. Check for Gmail application Update
Nowadays, all applications update automatically; however, you should check it manually; If you do not have an updated Gmail application, you should update your Gmail application.
To check updates, go to Google Play Store and type “Gmail,” there you can see the application version details or the “Update button” (If you have an old version of the Gmail app)
4. Disable Dark Mode
Experts say that dark mode affects the Gmail application; the dark mode is introduced for Android users; however, it creates issues sometimes.
Experts recommend in disabling the dark mode if the user is facing any issues related to Gmail application like Gmail app crashing on Android or Gmail not receiving email.
Follow below steps to disable dark mode on the Gmail app.
- Open the Gmail application, click on the “Menu” and then click on the “Settings” as shown in image below.
- Now, click on the “General Settings”, and then select the “Light” theme.
5. Turn Off Sync
The issue can also be solved by turning Off the Sync option available in the Gmail application.
Follow the below steps to turn Off Sync option on your device:-
- Open your Gmail application and click on the “Menu” then click on the “Settings”.
- Click on the email that you want to turn off for Sync; now, scroll down and click on the “Sync” option then click on the “Ok” button.
6. Remove account and Sign-in
There is a chance that you are facing trouble due to a specific Gmail I’d; so, we recommend you to Sign-out from the Gmail application and then re-sign on the Gmail application.
Follow the below steps to Sign-out and Sign-in again on your device:-
- Open the Gmail application and click on your “Profile” and click on the “Manage accounts on this device.”
- Click on “Google” and choose the email account that you want to sign-out from your device.
- Now, click on the “More” button available in the below of the home screen and click on the “Remove” option to Sign-out from the Gmail application.
For signing in your Gmail account again just scroll below.
7. Reinstall Gmail app
The user can also try this solution, and it would surely help him to get back his Gmail app in working condition. Firstly uninstall the application and then reinstall it using Google Play or Apple Store (if you are using the Gmail app on iPhone).
Note: If your device has an in-built Gmail application, you cannot reinstall the Gmail application; however, you can disable and enable it using your system configuration.
- Tap the Gmail app for a few seconds; you will see an option “App info” press it.
- Click on the “Uninstall updates and click on the “OK” button.
Follow the below steps to reinstall Gmail application on Android:-
- Open Play store, type Gmail and click on the Update button.
How to Sign-in a Gmail account using Android?
Now follow below mentioned steps to sign-in your Gmail account, Kindly note for demo a dummy account was already logged in the device however we have showcase how you can add the same account back on your app.
- Open the Gmail application and click on your “Profile.” Go to the bottom of the screen and click on the “Add another account.”
- Click on the “Google” option and enter your email account and then enter your password.
Major Factors behind Gmail app crashing issue:-
- Internet connectivity,
- Dark Mode,
- Over-dated Gmail application,
- STMP/IMAP server,
- Phone Storage & Gmail Storage.
Wrapping up:- This walk-through has been done here; we have updated important information to resolve the “Gmail app keeps crashing” by following this blog, you can effortlessly resolve the issue.
Moreover, we would also like to inform you that we have published several blogs to assist our readers and users in resolving their issues.
For more help kindly visit Assist me 360.
There may be an issue of the given below.
1 Internet connectivity
2 Dark Mode
3 Over-dated Gmail application
4 STMP/IMAP server
To resolve the Gmail app crashing or Gmail keeps closing on Android issue, you should restart your device and try to follow the solutions as mentioned above.
“Gmail not receiving email” issue occurred due to Gmail storage and some other factors; however, we have published a separate blog on this; click here to read.
“iPhone Gmail app crashing” issue could occur due to access usage of iPhone, or it can also happen due to any third-party app throttling Gmail performance.
It usually happens due to an unstable internet connection; however, the user may also face Gmail crashing issue on Windows 10 due to faulty extensions on your default browser or disabling of Java script because Java script plays a crucial role in email systems.
No, Gmail is working well today; however, it is possible that some users were facing issues on Android due to the listed factor in the blog; kindly go through the blog to resolve the issue.