Google Chromecast is a popular device that allows you to stream content from your phone, tablet, or computer to your TV.
However, like any other device, it can sometimes encounter problems that require a reset. In such cases, you may need to reset your Google Chromecast to its factory settings to resolve the issue.
In this blog post, we will discuss how to reset Google Chromecast to its factory settings and get it back on and running smoothly.
Whether you’re experiencing connectivity issues or just want to start fresh, resetting your Chromecast is a quick and easy process. so let’s get started!
How to reset Google Chromecast?
If your Chromecast device is not connected to an active network or WiFi, you can reset it using the reset button.
The LED light on the device indicates its working status and can help you determine whether the reset was successful.
However, the location of the reset button and the LED indicator, as well as the color indications of the LED light, may vary depending on the model of your Chromecast.
This method of resetting your Chromecast using the reset button on the device is also known as a Hard Reset.
Reset 1st gen Chromecast
The reset button on the 1st generation Chromecast is located on one of the sides, next to the power port.
You can reset 1st generation Chromecast using the following steps:
- Firstly, plug in the power cable into the Chromecast device and turn it on.
- To reset your Chromecast, hold the reset button for 25 seconds until the LED blinks red.
- Release the button when the LED light turns solid white.
- After holding the reset button for 25 seconds, your Chromecast will be reset to its original factory settings.
Reset 2nd gen & 3rd gen Chromecast, Chromecast Audio and Chromecast Ultra
The reset button on the 2nd and 3rd generation Chromecast is located on the side of the device, next to the micro-USB port. The LED indicator is also located on the side of the device
You can reset Chromecast 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen, Chromecast Audio, and Chromecast Ultra using the following steps:
- Firstly, power ON the device.
- Press and hold the reset button.
- Consequently, the LED indicator will start blinking orange.
- Release the button when the LED indicator turns solid white.
- The Chromecast device will then reset and restart with default factory settings..
How to reset Chromecast from Google Home app ?
For your convenience you can watch the video and follow the below mentioned steps to reset Google Chromecast using Google Home App:
- Firstly, open the Google Home app on your device (Android, iPhone or iPad) and connect your Chromecast device to the TV.
- Select the Chromecast device you want to reset.
- Tap Settings (Shown as a gear icon in the below screenshot.
- Open the options menu by tapping on the three dots, as shown in the picture below.
- Tap ‘Factory reset’.
- Again tap ‘Factory Reset’ from the pop-up menu to confirm.
How to Reset Chromecast with Google TV ?
Follow the below mentioned steps to rest Chromecast with Google TV.
- Firstly, in the top right of your TV screen, select your profile.
- Secondly choose Settings.
- Thirdly, click on System.
- Now select About.
- Then select Factory reset.
- Finally, a confirmation window will pop up. Select Reset to confirm.
In conclusion, resetting your Google Chromecast is a simple and effective way to resolve any issues you may be experiencing with the device.
Whether you have a first, second, or third generation Chromecast, Chromecast Audio, Chromecast Ultra, or Chromecast with Google TV, the process is straightforward and can be done through the Google Home app or by using the reset button on the device.
With this guide, you’ll be able to get your Chromecast back up and running smoothly in no time.
Frequently Asked Question’s (FAQs)
You can reset your Chromecast device using the Google Home App. Open the Google Home App, select the Chromecast device you want to reset, open its setting shown as the gear symbol. Scroll down and subsequently select Factory Reset and confirm the reset by tapping OK.
You can reset older Chromecasts using a PC or Laptop. Open the Chrome Cast app on your PC, click the settings option next to the Chromecast device, find and click factory reset, and subsequently click Reset in the pop-up menu.
You can try rebooting the Chromecast and the TV, restarting the Wi-Fi, and changing its Bands (if you have a dual band router). If nothing works, try resetting the Chromecast device.
You can reset a Google Chromecast from your mobile phone using Google Home app and the hard reset button on Chromecast.