Are you experiencing connectivity issues with your xFi gateway? Is it showing no internet connection or providing slower speeds than expected? Can’t figure out why?
Furthermore, resetting your Xfinity modem/router is a simple solution that often fixes common connectivity issues.
To begin, a reset clears internet files, cookies, and caches and resets all network settings to factory defaults.
This can help resolve issues: websites not loading correctly, apps constantly buffering, or Wi-Fi disconnecting.
In addition, resetting your modem/router periodically is good maintenance to keep your home network running smoothly. As a result, this process deletes the data that might be associated with memory and updates all settings.
This blog post will guide you through the quick and easy steps to reset your Xfinity device.
You can reset the xFi gateway in three different ways:
- Utilize the Reset Button located on the back of the router.
- Log into the ‘Web Portal > Advanced > Reset’.
- Use the WPS button on the device.
Perform below mentioned steps to reset your Xfinity router/modem ?
How to reset Xfinity Router ?
A router reset clears temporary Internet files, cookies, and resets settings that may have been accidentally changed.
Furthermore, this can help upgrade your connection and improve speed and stability.
In addition, a reboot is also useful after making changes to your network security or adding new ones.
The different reset methods for the device are presented below:
By using Reset button
The reset button on the back of the Xfinity Gateway is a quick and easy way to reset the device to its default settings.
- Firstly, locate the reset button, which is typically positioned at the back of the Gateway device.
- Secondly, this button is usually distinguished by a label that reads “Reset”.
- Thirdly, after identifying the reset button, use a thin tool such as a paperclip to press and hold the button for at least 10 seconds.
- Furthermore, once the Gateway’s lights start to flash, you can let go of the button.
- Finally, allow the Gateway to restart on its own, and ensure it stays connected to the power supply during this process.
A different method to reset Xfinity Gateway involves using the web portal. Additionally, this method gives you the ability to modify device settings through a web browser on your computer.
To begin, this process is also quite simple and gives you the flexibility to manage custom Gateway settings and features.
Follow below mentioned steps to reset your Xfinity router using Web portal:
- Firstly, launch a web browser on your computer and type in the IP address of your router.
- Secondly, common default IP addresses are 0.0.0.1 or 192.168.1.1.
- Thirdly, after the page loads, enter your username and password to log in.
- Next, choose the “Advanced” tab.
- Then, proceed to the “Administration” section.
- Subsequently, find and click the “Reset” button.
- Following that, then choose “Reset to factory defaults“.
- Finally, confirm the factory reset by clicking on the “Yes” button.
Certain recent models of Xfinity Gateways do not come equipped with a designated reset button on the device.
Furthermore, for these versions, the WPS button serves as a convenient substitute for performing a manual factory reset, eliminating the need to access the web portal.
Follow below mentioned steps to reset your Xfinity modem using WPS button:
- Firstly, find the WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) button, which is usually located on the back or on the top the Xfinity Gateway.
- Secondly, press and hold this button for approximately 30 seconds or until all lights on the device have turned off.
- Finally, release the button and wait for the Gateway to reboot automatically.
Also check: How to fix Xfinity router blinking green ?
How to setup Xfinity router/ gateway ?
After performing a factory reset on an Xfinity Gateway, you will need to reconfigure the device once it reboots.
Additionally, this involves resetting all network preferences and router settings, including Wi-Fi login credentials.
Furthermore, please note that your internet devices will need to reconnect to the network after a factory reset, once you have reset your network credentials.
Follow below mentioned steps to setup your router after reset:
- Firstly, establish a connection between your Gateway and your computer using an Ethernet cable.
- Secondly, open a web browser and enter the device’s IP address in the search bar.
- Thirdly, if you are unsure of the IP address, the default is usually 10.0.0.1 or 192.168.1.1.
- Then, sign into your router using the default login credentials.
- Following that, navigate to the tab labeled “Wireless.”
- Afterward, input your Wi-Fi network’s name into the field labeled “SSID”.
- Furthermore, type your network password into the field marked “Password”.
- Subsequently, click the “Save” icon to apply these settings.
- Next, your Xfinity Gateway should now be configured and ready to connect to the Internet.
- Finally, if you encounter any problems or need additional information, Contact Xfinity supports.
Also Check: How to fix Xfinity router blinking orange ?
How to reset Xfinity router password ?
There are two ways to reset your Xfinity router password:
Using the Xfinity website
- Firstly, proceed to the Xfinity website and sign into your account.
- Secondly, click the “My Account” tab.
- Thirdly, in the “Internet” section, click “Manage my Wi-Fi.”
- After that, click the “Advanced Settings” tab.
- Then, navigate to the section labeled “Router Password” and select the button that says “Reset Password”.
- Following this, enter your router’s current password and click the “Reset Password” button again.
- Finally, you will be asked to enter a new router password. Input your new password and hit the button labeled “Save”.
Use the reset button
To utilize this option, please refer to the detailed steps outlined above in the section “How to Reset Xfinity Router?”
In conclusion, experiencing connectivity issues with your Xfinity Gateway can be frustrating, but resetting your device is a simple and effective solution.
Furthermore, this guide has given you three different methods to reset your Xfinity Gateway: using the reset button, the web portal, or the WPS button.
Similarly, each method is simple and can help resolve common network problems by deleting Internet files and resetting all settings to factory defaults.
Additionally, remember, after performing a factory reset, you will need to reconfigure your device.
This includes resetting all network preferences and router settings, such as Wi-Fi login credentials. Your internet devices will also need to reconnect to the network after a factory reset.
Frequently Asked Question’s (FAQ’s)
Disconnect your device from the power source, wait for a minute, and then reconnect it. This procedure, often referred to as power cycling or rebooting, can resolve many connectivity issues
Sign in to your account with your Xfinity credentials.
Scroll down and click on the Manage Internet option.
The Manage Internet option can be found on the My Account home screen.
Click Reset Modem to start the troubleshooting process.
Click Start Troubleshooting to begin rebooting your modem.
When you press the WPS button, the router starts searching for compatible devices. If you find any devices looking for a WPS-enabled router to connect, the two will automatically pair.