While AirPods are primarily designed for Apple devices, you can still pair your AirPods to Chromebook to enjoy music, movie etc.
Furthermore, when connected to an Android device or Chromebook, AirPods lose some of their special Apple features, such as automatic device switching and Siri support.
However, you will still be able to enjoy high-quality audio and noise cancellation.
In this guide we will show you a simple process to pair your AirPods with a Chromebook and start listening.
First, here we have a quick step to connect your AirPods to Chromebook.
- First, click on the clock in the lower right corner of your Chromebook screen.
- Next, select the Bluetooth icon to activate Bluetooth.
- Then, wait for your AirPods to appear in the list of devices available to pair.
- Finally, select your AirPods and confirm the pairing request.
Once connected, you can use your AirPods to listen to audio and videos on your Chromebook without cables getting in your way.
Furthermore, for a smoother listening experience when switching between Apple devices and Chromebooks, consider an alternative pair of wireless headphones without Apple’s limitations.
How to connect AirPods to Chromebook ?
If you have a Chromebook and want to use your AirPods with it, you may be wondering how to pair AirPods to Chromebook.
To begin, connecting your AirPods to your Chromebook is a simple process that can be completed in a few easy steps.
Subsequently, in this section, we’ll walk you through the process of pairing your AirPods with your Chromebook.
Follow below mentioned steps to pair your AirPods to Chromebook:
- Firstly, open the quick settings menu on your Chromebook on the lower right corner of the screen.
- Secondly, select the Bluetooth icon in the menu options.
- Next, make sure Bluetooth is on by turning the switch to the on position. This will start a search for nearby wireless devices.
- Then, choose your AirPods from the list of discovered Bluetooth devices.
- Subsequently, confirm the pairing request that appears.
- Finally, you will see a green light on your AirPods case once it has been successfully connected. The Chromebook’s Bluetooth settings will also show “Connected.”
Audio will now be streamed wirelessly from your Chromebook to your AirPods.
Also Check: How to find AirPod case without AirPods Inside ?
How to put AirPods in pairing mode ?
AirPods are wireless headphones that can connect to multiple devices via Bluetooth.
To pair your AirPods with a Chromebook or any new device, you must first put them in pairing mode. In this section, we’ll show you how to do it in a few easy steps.
Follow below mentioned steps to put your AirPods in pairing mode:
- Firstly, put your AirPods in the charging case and keep the lid open.
- Secondly, press and hold the settings button on the back of the case for about five seconds or until the status light flashes white.
- Thirdly, on your device, turn on Bluetooth and find your AirPods in the list of available devices.
- Finally, select your AirPods and follow the prompts to complete the pairing process.
Also Check: How to turn off AirPod Max ?
Why do my AirPods not appear on the Chromebook Bluetooth list ?
There may be several reasons why your AirPods are not showing up in your Chromebook’s Bluetooth list.
Here are some possible solutions you can try to pair your AirPods to Chromebook:
- Firstly, make sure your AirPods are fully charged and placed in their charging case with the lid open.
- Secondly, make sure your Chromebook’s Bluetooth is turned on and not paired with another device. You can check this by clicking on the network icon in the bottom right corner of the screen and looking for the Bluetooth icon.
- Next, press and hold the settings button on the back of the AirPods case until the LED light flashes white. This will put your AirPods into pairing mode and make them visible to your Chromebook.
- Then, wait for your AirPods to appear in the list of available devices on your Chromebook and click on them to connect. You may need to confirm some prompts on your Chromebook screen.
- Additionally, bring your AirPods closer to your laptop and open their case.
- Next, click the digital clock in the lower right corner of your screen to open the system tray menu.
- Then, click Bluetooth and choose your AirPods from the list of paired devices.
- Furthermore, if your AirPods still don’t appear in the list, try restarting your Chromebook and AirPods and repeat the steps above.
Why won’t my AirPods connect to my Chromebook ?
If your AirPods won’t pair with your Chromebook, there may be an interference issue preventing the link.
Firstly, check that the AirPods haven’t automatically reconnected to a nearby iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
Secondly, if so, simply forget the AirPods from the other device’s Bluetooth settings.
Furthermore, if disconnecting from other devices doesn’t solve the problem, try resetting your AirPods.
Initially, place them in the open charging case with the lid facing up. Then, press and hold the small setting button on the back for 15 seconds until the light flashes white. Subsequently, close the lid to complete the reset.
Ultimately, with a reset, the AirPods will forget all previously paired devices. This can help remove any connections that are interfering with your Chromebook’s link.
Once again, once the reset is complete, try pairing them with the Chromebook again from the Bluetooth menu.
Resetting can fix any technical issues that are preventing the two devices from recognizing each other. Finally, if problems persist after resetting, contact Apple Support.
How to disconnect AirPods from a Chromebook ?
Are you having trouble disconnecting your AirPods from your Chromebook? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
To begin, in this section, we’ll walk you through the process of disconnecting your AirPods from your Chromebook so you can use them with another device.
Follow below mentioned steps to disconnect your AirPods from your Chromebook:
- Firstly, click on the clock in the lower right corner of your screen to open the quick settings menu.
- Next, click Bluetooth and then click the gear icon next to your AirPods name.
- Then, click the menu icon (three dots) and select Disconnect.
- Alternatively, you can also remove your AirPods from the list of paired devices by selecting Remove from list instead of Disconnect. Finally, this will prevent your AirPods from automatically connecting to your Chromebook in the future.
In conclusion, pair your AirPods with your Chromebook is a simple and convenient way to enjoy wireless audio on your device.
Firstly, you just need to follow a few simple steps to put your AirPods in pairing mode and connect them to your Chromebook via Bluetooth.
However, keep in mind that some of the Apple-specific features of your AirPods may not work on your Chromebook, such as automatic device switching and Siri support.
Furthermore, if you are having any problems pairing your AirPods with Chromebook, you can try some of the troubleshooting tips we have provided in this article or contact Apple Support.
Frequently Asked Question’s (FAQ’s)
There are many possible reasons why your AirPods are not connecting to your device. Some common causes are low battery, Bluetooth issues, software updates, or dirt on the AirPods or charging case.
Make sure the AirPods are in pairing mode, the PC’s Bluetooth is on, and the AirPods are in range and have enough battery. Try unpairing other Bluetooth devices, checking for software updates, or resetting AirPods if necessary. Contact Apple Support if none of the above steps work.
If your AirPods don’t show up as paired, it means your device doesn’t detect them as a Bluetooth device. This can happen for several reasons, such as low battery, Bluetooth issues, software updates, or hardware damage.