Have you accidentally deleted your Gmail account and now you looking for a way to recover it ?
Don’t worry, you are not alone. Many people have faced this problem and there are ways to recover deleted Gmail account.
In this article, we will guide you through the steps to recover your deleted Gmail account and get you back on track with your email.
We understand how important it is to have access to your email, and losing access to your Gmail account can be a stressful experience.
But don’t worry, with our step-by-step guide, you’ll be able to recover your deleted Gmail account in no time.
How to recover a deleted Gmail Account ?
Perform the below mentioned steps to recover your Gmail account:
If you remember your password
- Open your web browser and visit Google account recovery.
- Now, enter the email you want to recover and click next.
- You will see a note stating your account was recently deleted. Now click on “Next”.
- Now, enter your password.
- After following the above guidelines, you will receive a notification indicating that the process was successful.
If you forgot your password
If you don’t remember your password ? Don’t worry, there is still a way to recover your Gmail account even without the password.
Just follow the below mentioned steps:
- Open your web browser and go to the Gmail account recovery page.
- Enter the Gmail account you want to recover and click on the Next button.
- Google will verify whether the account is still recoverable or not and will notify you. Click on next, for continue.
- If you’ve forgotten your password, choose the ‘Try another method’ option.
- Google will then send a verification code to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the verification code received on your mobile phone in the space provided.
- You will then automatically be redirected to the Create Password window. Create a strong password and click Next to save it.
- Then, a message appears that you have successfully restored your Gmail account.
- By following these simple steps, you will be able to recover your deleted Gmail account even if you don’t remember your password.
If you forgot your Email address
Follow the below mentioned steps to recover your Gmail account if you forgot your Email Address:
- Navigate to the Google Account Recovery page and choose the ‘Forgot Email’ option.
- Enter your registered phone number or recovery email and click on the Next button.
- On the next page enter the full name associated with your Google Account and click on the Next button.
- A verification code will be sent to the mobile number you have on file. Input the code and select the Next button to proceed.
- You will be presented with a list of accounts that share the same name. Choose the one that is yours.
- Enter your account password and voila! You have successfully recovered your deleted Gmail account without email address.
By following these simple steps, you will be able to recover your deleted Gmail account even if you do not remember your email address.
If your Account is hacked
If you’re unable to access your Gmail account and find that your password or recovery phone number has been changed, your account may have been compromised.
Follow the steps mentioned below to recover your Gmail account if it has been hacked:
- Go to the Account Recovery page and enter your email address.
- On the next screen you will see many options. Select the “Try another way to sign in” button.
- If the hacker also changed your recovery phone number, select the “Try another method” option.
- Answer the questions and follow the on-screen instructions to recover your account.
If all recovery methods fail and you are unable to sign in to your account, you can seek help directly from Google to recover your Gmail account.
Also Check: How to login Gmail as a different user ?
Important things to keep in mind while trying to recover a deleted Gmail account
- It’s important to note that not all deleted Gmail accounts are recoverable.
- Act quickly to recover your account as quickly as possible.
- Remember your registered phone number or recovery email before starting the recovery process.
- Keep in mind that once an account has been permanently deleted, it is no longer recoverable.
- The recovery steps may not work for accounts associated with work, school, or other organizations. Contact your administrator for assistance in such cases.
- To recover an account for a child under 13 (or the applicable age in your country), reset the child’s password.
Is it possible to recover Google data by accessing a recently deleted Gmail account?
No, once you have deleted your Gmail account, you cannot retrieve a backup of your Google data.
You will lose all data associated with Gmail-linked accounts, such as YouTube, Contacts, Calendars, Drive data, and Photos.
However, you can obtain a backup copy of your Google account data by using the download option located on the home screen of the Gmail account deletion process, as indicated by the red arrow in the image below.
Also Check: How to fix Gmail Error 007 ?
Who can restore a deleted Gmail account ?
According to Google’s policy, users can restore their Google account within 20 days of deletion.
During this period, users can log in using their previous account credentials and regain access to all their emails.
Note: Once 20 days have passed, the account and all its related data are irreversibly deleted, and Google cannot restore it
Recovering a deleted Gmail account can be a stressful experience, but with our step-by-step guide, you can regain access to your email in no time.
Solutions are available whether you’ve forgotten your password, email address, or suspect someone hacked your account.
Act quickly and follow the proper steps to increase your chances of a successful recovery.
Remember, you cannot recover all deleted accounts. So, it’s important to proactively follow the recommended procedures
Your Gmail account holds valuable information and communications, so don’t hesitate to take action if you find yourself locked out.
By following the methods mentioned in this article, you can restore your Gmail account and start using it without any worries.
Frequently Asked Question’s (FAQ’S)
Yes, you can reactivate your Gmail account. (If you are not getting the activate option on the home screen, you have to wait for 24 hours.)
If you have deleted your Gmail account within 20 days, you can restore it using your account credentials.
No, you cannot reuse a Google account. For security reasons, Google does not allow the reuse of usernames in any case.
Yes, you can use the undo option or can go to the trash box to restore the email.