Kindle Fire tablets are high-tech devices capable of browsing, displaying pictures and videos to all sorts of media and files. This all works on Kindle devices if they’re working properly. However, a glitch can be a serious annoyance, but a factory reset can restore its functionality.
A factory reset on kindle can ensure the tablet is wiped clean of all proprietary information and files which includes all your personal data and downloaded content.
Steps to Reset Kindle E-Reader:
Follow the below-mentioned steps to reset for Kindle E-Reader:
- Step 1: Before proceeding, make sure your Kindle device is fully charged.
- Step 2: Open the home screen and select “Menu”.
- Step 3: Now click “Settings”.
- Step 4: For the final step select “Menu” again and then select “Reset Device”.
How reset kindle can solve the issue in case device is turned off?
When your Kindle device is turned off or won’t turn on you can still reset by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Step 1: Press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons at the same time until a system recovery screen appears.
- Step 2: Navigate your Volume buttons to select “wipe data/factory reset” and then press the Power button to confirm your action.
- Step 3: Again navigate the Volume button to select “Yes- delete all user data”.
- Step 4: Now press the Power button.
Hard Reset for Kindle Fire Through Video Tutorial:-
Yes, all downloaded books and settings will be erased, make sure to back up your e-books.
A factory reset will remove all the downloaded content including the in-app purchases. Follow the below steps:
Step 1: Swipe down twice from the top of the screen to show “Quick Settings”.
Step 2: Click the “Settings” icon.
Step 3: Now click “Device Options” and then click “Reset to Factory Defaults”.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to reset:
Step 1: Click on “Menu” by pressing 3 dots.
Step 2: Click on “Settings”.
Step 3: Again click on “Menu” by pressing 3 dots.
Step 4: Now final click on “Reset”.
Before proceeding makes sure to fully charge your Kindle. Press and hold the power button for at least 20 seconds. This is going to get your Kindle restart when you have lost your password and your data will not be lost.
Follow the below mentioned two simple steps to resolve the screen frozen issue:
Step 1: Press and hold the power button for at least 7 seconds or you see a power dialog box or the screen goes blank.
Step 2: Continue holding the power button for at least 40 seconds then release, the device will not restart.