Sometimes your Amazon Fire TV Stick can get a little slow. Don’t worry; it happens to all of us over time with regular use.
However, there is an easy way to get it working like new again: reset it to factory settings.
By resetting your Amazon fire stick you can erase everything on your device, including your apps, settings, data, and even your in-app purchases.
Furthermore, if you want to sell it or give it to someone else in the future, you can do so without worrying about your privacy.
Now that you understand resetting can solve the slowdown issue, you may be wondering, “But how do you actually reset your Amazon Fire TV Stick?
Well, there are two ways: Firstly, with just your remote, you can perform a full factory reset with only a few button presses.
Alternatively, you can access the reset option through the device’s settings interface.
For your convenience watch the video and then follow the steps in the next section to reset your Amazon fire stick.
How to Reset Amazon Fire Stick with Remote?
To get your Fire TV Stick working like new again, you can reset it to factory settings with your remote control.
Follow below mentioned steps to reset your Amazon Fire Stick with remote.
- Turn on your device and press the Back and Right buttons together for at least 10 seconds.
- Then select Reset on the screen when you see the message.
Your device will start restarting itself after a few seconds if you do not press any buttons.
You will receive a message asking you not to disconnect the device while it reboots. You will have to start the reset process again if your device turns off during the resetting process.
Also Check: How to restart Amazon fire Stick ?
How to Reset Amazon Fire Stick manually ?
You can also reset your Amazon Fire TV Stick to factory settings using your device’s settings menu.
This will delete everything on your device, including your apps, settings, data, and in-app purchases. Furthermore, these are the steps to do it:
- Firstly, go to Settings ( gear shape icon) on your home screen.
- Secondly, choose My Fire TV. If you have an older Fire TV Stick, it may say Device or System.
- Thirdly, scroll down and select Reset to Factory Defaults.
- Next, select reset in the pop-up message that appears.
- Finally, wait a few minutes while your device reboots. You will see a message that says “Resetting your Fire TV Stick.” Do not unplug the device while it is rebooting. If your device runs out of power you will have to reset from the beginning.
Set up your device again. As a result, you’ll know your Fire TV Stick has restarted when it asks you to pair your remote.
You can set up your device as new by following the instructions on the screen. Your device will also optimize your system storage and apps automatically. It will reboot twice during this process.
How to Reset Amazon Fire Stick without Remote ?
In this method, if you connect your Fire TV Stick with a USB cable or adapter, you need to unplug it for 10 seconds and then plug it back in.
Furthermore, after unplugging and re plugging the Fire TV Stick, it will automatically start resetting. You will see the home screen and setup process restart on your television.
Note: When unplugging the power of the Fire Stick to reset it, your television must be switched on.
How to Reset Firestick from phone ?
To reset your Fire TV device from your phone, you need to download the Fire TV app on your smartphone.
Furthermore, you can then use the app as a remote control to access the settings and choose the option to restore factory defaults.
Follow below mentioned steps to reset firestick from phone:
- Firstly, open the app and sign in with the same Amazon account you used to register your Fire TV Stick.
- Subsequently, tap the menu icon in the top left corner of the app.
- Then, tap Settings.
- Next, tap your devices.
- Furthermore, select your Fire TV Stick from the list of devices.
- Following that, tap Device Options.
- Consequently, tap Reset to Factory Defaults.
- Finally, tap Reset to confirm.
Your Fire TV Stick will reboot and reset to factory defaults. Consequently, this will erase all your data and settings, so be sure to back up everything important before resetting your device.
How to set up your Amazon Fire Stick after Reset ?
After resetting your Amazon Fire Stick, you need to set it up again; consequently, resetting uninstalls all settings and features.
Furthermore, follow below mentioned steps to set up your Amazon Fire Stick:
- Firstly, put batteries in your Fire TV Stick remote.
- Subsequently, plug the Fire TV Stick into your TV’s HDMI port, and then turn it on by plugging the included power adapter into a wall outlet.
- Next, power on your TV and select the HDMI input that matches your device.
- Then, follow the on-screen instructions to connect to Wi-Fi and download the latest software update.
- Furthermore, sign in with your Amazon account. Use your mobile phone or computer to visit the web address on the screen and enter the verification code.
- Finally, choose your preferences to save your Wi-Fi password, enable parental controls, and set up the remote to control your TV.
Note: Use your TV’s original remote to select the HDMI input or source.
In conclusion, resetting your Amazon Fire TV Stick can help you resolve many issues such as slow performance, frozen screen, or app errors.
Moreover, you can also protect your privacy and data if you want to sell or give away your device.
To do this, you can reset your device in two ways: using your remote control or using the settings menu.
Alternatively, you can also use your phone as a remote control to reset your device. However, resetting will erase everything on your device, so make sure you have a backup of everything important.
After that, you will need to set up your device again by following the on-screen instructions.
Finally, resetting your Fire TV Stick may take some time, but it can get your device working like new again.
Frequently Asked Question’s (FAQ’s)
Your FireStick may be breaking down if it stops working, slows down, freezes, crashes, disconnects, displays errors, has sound problems, or can’t run apps.
Yes, Firesticks need to be updated periodically to run smoothly and access new features. Firesticks typically check for updates automatically every day, but you can also check for updates manually in the settings menu.
The short answer is no, restarting FireStick does not clear the cache. Restarting FireStick only stops the ongoing cache processes and helps the device run smoothly.