We use our phones for a variety of purposes in our daily lives. We depend on them to stay connected with friends and family through text, calls, and social media.
Furthermore, we depend on our phones for work, entertainment, and staying informed with the news.
However, it’s easy to lose track of how much time we spend staring at our screens each day.
As a result, many people find that unintentionally hours of their day are spent on their phones without realizing it.
Phones are designed to be addictive. The constant notifications and apps are meant to grab our attention and keep us interested.
Consequently, before we know it, hours have passed in an instant. But how much screen time do you really spend?
Fortunately, Android makes it easy to check your daily screen usage. Just follow a few quick steps. Open your phone’s Settings app.
Next, select “Digital Wellbeing and Parental Controls” from the menu. Then tap “Dashboard” to see a breakdown of your screen time for the last 24 hours.
Looking at the numbers can be revealing. You might be surprised at how much of your day slips by unintentionally while you’re on the go.
How to check screen time on Android ?
Inside your settings is a handy Digital Wellbeing tool that reveals how you spend your time on screen.
Firstly, it provides statistics on app usage, unlock counts, and screen time over various periods. Consequently, looking can be an eye-opening experience.
You may find that you’re on your phone more than you thought. As a result, by being aware of where your time goes, you can try to be more intentional about your phone use.
Some control can be regained by setting limits, creating modes of focus, or finding alternative activities during downtime.
For example, setting an hourly limit on distracting apps or creating a focus mode with only essential apps allows you to be more mindful.
Follow below mentioned steps to check screen time on Android:
- Firstly, launch the Settings.
- Next, find the Digital Wellbeing section within Settings.
- Upon finding this, select the option named “Control Panel.” This will display your daily screen usage statistics.
- Here you can see the amount of time spent using your device in the Screen Time category.
As a result, taking a moment to examine these metrics can provide valuable insight into your phone habits.
Also Check: How to close tabs on Android ?
What is digital wellbeing ?
Digital Wellbeing is a built-in Android tool that provides insight into how you and your family use your devices. Furthermore, it allows you to monitor screen time both for yourself and any children sharing your devices.
In addition, the app gives you detailed statistics on time spent in each individual app so you can see where your moments have gone.
As a result, Digital Wellbeing helps you take a more balanced approach through features like App Timers and Dashboard.
For example, App Timers allow you to set limits for how long you can spend in distracting or less productive apps.
Consequently, this helps ensure you don’t lose whole afternoons or evenings without realizing.
Therefore, the dashboard shows you how you’ve briefly done each day so you can course correct if needed.
How to use digital wellbeing on Android to monitor screen time ?
Getting started with Digital Wellbeing on your Android device is very simple.
Firstly, the app comes pre-installed, so there is no need to download it or set up your account.
Secondly, simply open it to immediately see an overview of your recent screen time broken down by app.
Furthermore, you can drill down into usage statistics for any app with just a tap.
As a result, this allows you to easily identify where the most minutes are slipping away.
In addition, Digital Wellbeing also provides a historical timeline, so you can analyze trends over days or weeks.
Consequently, several customizable features are at your fingertips to help you achieve a healthier balance.
For example, App timers let you limit your time with distracting apps, while Bedtime mode prepares your device for downtime by silencing notifications during preset nighttime hours.
Also Check: How to forward calls on Android ?
How to set digital wellbeing App timers ?
If you are having difficulty reducing the use of a particular app, consequently, you can use a feature that allows you to set a daily time limit for multiple apps that help you to check and monitor your screen time on Android devices.
Furthermore, once you’ve reached your limit for the day, you won’t be able to use that app until the timer resets at midnight.
As a result, this feature is particularly useful for those who want to reduce their screen time.
Follow below mentioned steps to set Digital wellbeing App timers:
- First, open the Settings menu and select the Digital Wellbeing & Parental Controls section.
- Then, on the Dashboard screen, tap the “Show all apps” option.
- Next, browse the list of installed apps and find the one you want to restrict usage for each day.
- After that, next to the app name, tap the hourglass icon.
- Following that, use the tier selector to choose the maximum amount of time allowed on that app per 24-hour period.
- Finally, press the confirm button to apply the daily limit.
Use Digital Wellbeing bedtime mode
Bedtime mode is a feature that can help you reduce your screen time.
Firstly, it offers several options to limit and check screen time of your Android device, such as enabling Do Not Disturb mode, setting the screen to grayscale, and keeping the screen dark.
Secondly, you can choose which of these features to activate and set the days and times you want to use Bedtime mode.
Furthermore, the feature will automatically turn on and off based on your preferences, so you won’t have to worry about remembering it.
Additionally, you can set Bedtime mode to activate only when your phone is plugged in while charging.
Follow below mentioned steps to set bedtime mode in Digital wellbeing to check screen time on Android:
- Firstly, open the Settings menu and select Digital Wellbeing & parental controls.
- Secondly, tap on the Bedtime mode option.
- Thirdly, choose your preferences for what should happen during Bedtime mode, such as turning the screen gray scale. Hit Next.
- Furthermore, set the schedule for when Bedtime mode should activate automatically. Select your start and end times.
- Next, once finished, press Done.
- Additionally, for additional customization, tap Customize.
- Finally, here you can select exactly which features and apps will be affected during Bedtime mode, such as blocking specific apps or notifications.
Also Check: How to connect AirPods to Android ?
How to use digital Wellbeing Focus mode ?
Digital Wellbeing’s focus mode is a great feature that can help you reduce your screen time.
Furthermore, when you enable focus mode, disabled apps dim, which consequently can help you stop using your phone as a crutch and focus on your work.
In addition, you can choose which apps are allowed and which are not.
Similarly, you can turn Focus mode on and off whenever you want, but importantly it’s up to you to exercise your willpower and not turn it off until you finish your task.
Likewise, when all your apps are grayed out, it reminds you to focus.
Follow below mentioned steps to set Digital Wellbeing Focus mode to check screen time on Android devices:
- To begin, open the Settings menu and select Digital Wellbeing & Parental Controls.
- Next, choose the Focus Mode option.
- Then, navigate to “Show all apps” to see a list of installed apps.
- Following that, select distracting or unproductive apps that you want to block during focus mode.
- Afterwards, press “Turn ON” to immediately activate focus mode with the restrictions of the chosen application.
- Alternatively, you can tap “Set a schedule” to automatically enable focus mode only during certain hours of the day. In this way, it allows you to stay focused without the constant temptation of distracting apps.
Also Check: How to change Voicemail on Android ?
How to use Digital Wellbeing parental control ?
Digital Wellbeing provides helpful parental controls to monitor your children’s screen time through the Family Link app.
First, download Family Link from the Google Play Store on your own phone. Subsequently, follow the setup process, which involves pairing your phone to your child’s Android device.
Once linked, Family Link allows you to easily check your kids’ screen time reports right from your phone.
Furthermore, you can set daily limits for general device usage or specific apps.
Similarly, bedtimes can automatically turn off apps during sleeping hours. Also, Family Link also allows you to approve or block apps on your children’s devices.
To check your child’s current screen time on your Android phone or tablet, open the Family Link app on your device.
Your daily activity summaries and active screen time will be displayed. Consequently, you can quickly see which apps are used the most to ensure balanced digital habits.
How to check screen time on Android Redmi ?
If you want to control your screen time on a Redmi device, firstly, you can follow these simple steps to access the screen time settings.
Alternatively, as an additional option you can watch a video tutorial showing how to find and view the total and app-specific screen time on your device.
Follow below mentioned steps to monitor/check screen time on Redmi android devices:
- To begin, open the Settings app.
- Next, select Digital Wellbeing & Parental Controls.
- Then, tap Control Panel.
- Following that, tap Show all apps.
- After, find the app you want to set a timer for.
- Subsequently, select the hourglass icon to the right of the app.
- Then, choose how long you want to be able to use the application daily.
- Finally, press OK.
How to check screen time on Android Samsung ?
Curious about how much time you spend on your Samsung device? Firstly, understanding your screen time habits is an essential step in managing your digital well-being.
In this section, we will walk you through the simple process of checking screen time on your Samsung Android device.
- To begin, tap the Digital Wellbeing app icon on your home screen.
- Alternatively, you can swipe down from the top of the screen and tap the gear icon in the Quick Settings panel.
- Then, scroll down and select the Digital Wellbeing and Parental Controls option.
- To view screen time and app usage:
- Next, a bar graph shows daily screen time for the week.
- Additionally, the most used apps for each day are also shown below the graph.
- Finally, ap the graph icon in the upper right corner for more details.
How to check screen time on Android Vivo, OnePlus and Realme ?
To check your screen time on your OnePlus, Realme and vivo Android phones, you can follow these steps:
For OnePlus and vivo phones, similarly, you can use the same Digital Wellbeing feature that is available on most Android devices.
To access it, firstly, go to Settings > Digital Wellbeing and Parental Controls > Control Panel.
Then, you’ll see a pie chart showing your screen time for the current day, as well as your most used apps.
Furthermore, you can tap the center of the circle to see more details, such as a bar graph of your screen time for the week and your most used apps.
Also, you can also set goals and timers for certain apps, enable Do Not Disturb mode, and access other tools to help you manage your screen time and digital well-being.
Alternatively, for Realme phones you can use the Screen Off Clock feature that shows you the time and date when the screen is off.
To enable it, go to Settings > Display & brightness > Screen off clock. You can set the start and end time of the function.
If you want to extend the battery life of your Android phone, one of the best ways is to reduce your screen time.
Firstly, by checking screen time on Android, you can consequently get a clear idea of how you use your phone and where you can subsequently make some changes.
Similarly, you can also use the Digital Wellbeing tool to set limits, create focus modes, and find alternative activities.
Likewise, by being more aware of your screen time, you can not only save battery life, but also improve your well-being.
Frequently Asked Question’s (FAQ’s)
Yes, Android has a Screen Time feature that lets you see how much time you spend on your phone and which apps you use the most. You can also use this feature to set goals and limits for certain apps, enable Do Not Disturb mode, and access other tools to help you manage your screen time and digital well-being.
To eliminate screen time on Android, disable the built-in Digital Wellbeing feature or clear your data and cache. For third-party apps, use their respective uninstall methods.
Go to Digital Wellbeing > Dashboard.
View screen time and app usage.
Tap the center of the circle to get detailed information.