There are times when you may want to forward your calls on another Android phone to ring somewhere else, such as when you’re traveling or using Google Voice.
Furthermore, Android makes it simple to forward calls to alternate numbers using a few different methods.
To begin with, the Phone app allows you to forward calls to other contacts or services with just a few taps in settings.
In addition, you can choose to forward all incoming calls or only those that you have not answered.
However, it is important to note that your provider must support call forwarding for this feature to work.
Next, for even more control, you can use dialing codes directly from the Phone app’s dialer.
For example, standard codes like *72 allows you to temporarily divert calls until you deactivate it. This is useful if you only need to forward for a short time.
In a similar way, a third-party app like Call Divert can also handle call forwarding. Consequently, these applications often offer additional features to the built-in settings.
For instance, you can schedule call forwarding for certain times of the day or filter calls to forward only from selected contacts.
Android makes it easy to ensure your calls follow you where you need them, whether you use the basic Phone app settings or a dedicated forwarding app.
Therefore, so whether you’re traveling or using an alternate number with Google Voice, call forwarding ensures you stay connected.
How to forward calls on Android ?
Do you miss important calls when you are away from your phone for some reason?
Call forwarding is a useful feature that can help you stay connected even when you’re not available.
Furthermore, in this section, we will show you how to forward calls on your Android device in a few easy steps.
Follow below mentioned steps to set up forward calls on Android:
- To begin, open the Phone app and tap the menu icon.
- From there, select Settings from the menu and then choose the Calls section.
- Following this, you will find the call forwarding option that allows forwarding to alternative numbers in different scenarios.
- Specifically, the Always Forward setting is ideal if you want all calls to be forwarded automatically. Then, enter the number and activate it.
- Additionally, you can also forward only when busy, which sends calls to another number when this phone is in use.
- Similarly, if the call is not answered, the system activates forwarding, which often directs the call to voicemail.
- Similarly, if your phone is unavailable, such as when it’s turned off or out of network range, the When Unreachable option ensures that you continue to receive calls.
By setting these forwarding options, your Android phone ensures that important calls go through no matter where you are or what you’re doing.
Also Check: How to change voicemail on Android ?
How to forward calls on Android using dial codes ?
Did you know that you can forward calls on your Android device using dialing codes? Furthermore, this feature can be especially useful when you don’t have Internet access or when you want to quickly forward calls to another number.
Follow below mentioned steps to forward calls on Android using dial codes:
Moreover, before the rise of advanced phone apps, dialing codes were commonly used to access phone functions directly from the keypad.
Similarly, even today, you can still manually forward calls on Android using a simple dial code sequence.
To illustrate, to forward all calls to another number, first open the Phone app and enter *72.
This will activate call forwarding mode. Next, enter the 10-digit number you want calls to be redirected to.
For example, to forward to 525-783-1212, dial: *725257831212
Likewise, the phone will beep several times if successful. At this point, any call to your Android will ring at the forwarded number.
Consequently, to turn off call forwarding later, use the cancellation code *73 followed by the number again. For the example above, enter: *735257831212
By taking advantage of these dialing codes that are still supported by Android, you can quickly set up temporary call forwarding from your phone’s keypad.
Also Check: How to connect AirPods to Android ?
Can I use third party apps for call forwarding on Android ?
While most Android phones allow you to configure call forwarding directly in the settings, Conversely, some older models may lack these options.
However, fortunately, simple third-party apps provide an alternative interface for this feature.
Generally, the built-in settings are sufficient for call forwarding needs. In other cases, third-party apps can be helpful if the phone’s own call forwarding settings are lacking or if you prefer using dialing codes instead of menus.
For example, some highly rated free options on the Play Store include call forwarding and call forwarding.
Moreover, Call Divert stands out for its large divert lever and dialing code list. Consequently, enabling or disabling call forwarding is just a tap away.
In last, Call Forwarding, meanwhile, takes a more minimalist approach with just two simple buttons, one to set up and cancel call forwarding with a single action.
Also Check: How to close tabs on Android ?
How to forward calls on Samsung Android phones ?
If you are using a Samsung Android phone, you can easily forward calls to another number using the built-in phone app or dialing codes.
Follow below mentioned steps to setup call forwarding in Samsung phones:
- First, open the Phone app and tap the three dots at the top right.
- Furthermore, select “Settings” from the menu.
- Subsequently, select Additional Services and then tap on Call Forwarding.
- Then, choose SIM card if you have two numbers.
- Next, you’ll see four forwarding options: Always, Busy, No Reply, and Unreachable. Select your preferred option.
- Among these options, enter the number you want to forward calls to.
- Likewise, move the switch to “On” to enable call forwarding for that option.
- Similarly, repeat steps 5 to 7 for any other forwarding methods you want to activate.
Forward will always forward all calls. Busy send calls when you are on another call.
No Answer is sent after no answer rings, and Unreachable is sent when the phone is turned off or outside the service area. Now all your calls will be forwarded as selected.
How to turn off call forwarding on Android ?
Call forwarding is a useful feature that allows you to redirect incoming calls to another number, such as your voicemail or a different device. Consequently, many people find it helpful to utilize this option.
However, simultaneously, there may be times when you want to disable it, either temporarily or permanently.
For instance, you might want to avoid charges for forwarded calls or opt to receive calls on your primary phone again.
Follow below mentioned steps to turn off call forwarding on your Android device:
- To begin, open the Phone app on your Android phone.
- Next, tap the three-dot menu button or the three-line menu button in the upper right corner.
- Subsequently, find “Call Forwarding” or “More Settings” and tap on it.
- Then, select “Voice call” and then tap each option to turn it off. Namely, options may include “Always Forward,” “Forward When Busy,” “Forward When No Answer,” and “Forward When Unavailable.”
- Consequently, you should see a confirmation message that call forwarding is disabled.
Alternatively, you can also use MMI codes to deactivate call forwarding. Specifically, MMI codes are special codes that you can dial into your phone to access various services or settings.
To illustrate, to deactivate call forwarding using MMI codes, you can try the following:
To disable call forwarding on your phone, dial *73 and wait for a beep or tone indicating that the call forwarding has been disabled.
However, this works for most carriers except T-Mobile and AT&T. If you have T-Mobile or AT&T, dial #21# instead of *73 to turn off call forwarding.
How to forward calls without having the phone ?
Have you ever left your phone at home and wished you could still receive calls? If so, or maybe you’re traveling and want to forward calls to another number.
In that case, whatever the reason, there are some ways to forward calls without having the phone in your possession.
Follow below mentioned methods to forward calls without having the phone:
Using your provider’s website
If you have access to your provider’s website, you can set up call forwarding from there.
For example, if you have a digital phone plan through AT&T, you should have access to portal features such as call forwarding.
Consequently, log in to the portal and navigate to your phone’s features. However, depending on your operator, the steps to do this will be different.
Subsequently, enter the phone number you want to forward to and save and verify your changes.
As a result, you may be asked to confirm the forwarding change with your email address and a code that you can enter on the website.
Using access numbers (AT&T landlines)
Dial the special number provided to you when you added remote call forwarding to your plan.
Consequently, this only works for AT&T local home phone service. In contrast, if you have a wireless or digital plan, you’ll have to try something else.
Similarly, some other residential or business phone service providers also offer this service.
Therefore, dial *72 plus the 10 digits of the phone number to which your calls will be forwarded.
Use Google voice
- With Google Voice, you have the flexibility to take your calls anywhere, even without your mobile phone. Here’s a simple process to forward your Google Voice number:
- Sign in to your Google Voice account from a computer or tablet. Click the gear icon and select “Settings.”
- Next, go to the “Calls” tab. Here you will find the option “Add a forwarding phone number“. When calls reach your Google Voice line, enter the number to which you want them directed.
- Once the new forwarding number is added, simply press “Save” and you’re done. Now, any call to your Google Voice number will automatically ring on the alternate phone instead of needing your mobile phone.
The only thing you should keep in mind is that using call forwarding with Google Voice will consume minutes from your account, as if you were receiving calls directly.
However, it allows you to leave your phone behind and still be available on the go.
In conclusion, call forwarding is a convenient way to manage your calls on Android, whether you want to redirect them to another number or service.
Firstly, you can easily set up call forwarding using Phone app settings, dialing codes, or third-party apps.
Similarly, depending on your needs, you can forward all calls or just specific ones, and you can turn it off at any time.
Consequently, call forwarding is a great feature to use when you’re traveling, using Google Voice, or just want to avoid missing important calls.
Frequently Asked Question’s (FAQ’s)
Yes, Android has call forwarding, which allows you to redirect incoming calls to another number or service. You can set up call forwarding using Phone app settings, dialing codes, or third-party apps.
There are various methods to accomplish this, depending on your preferences and requirements. You can use Phone App settings or use dialing codes.
If call forwarding doesn’t work, make sure your provider supports it, check the recipient’s number format, and check for conflicting settings for interfering apps.