The Xfinity remote is a multi-functional device that offers control over your TV, cable box, and various other gadgets. However, if your remote control is not paired with your TV, it will not work.
Furthermore, pairing your Xfinity remote with your TV is a crucial step that allows you to control the power, volume, and channels of your TV right from the comfort of your couch.
In addition, the pairing process can sometimes be complicated, causing many people to have difficulty syncing the remote and TV.
In this blog post, we’ll walk you through the easy steps to pair an Xfinity remote with any TV.
Subsequently, we will describe the basic pairing process, which involves pressing a few buttons simultaneously on the remote control and the TV. Moreover, we’ll also cover what to do if your remote doesn’t pair or unpairs over time.
By following the steps outlined in this guide, you’ll be able to have your Xfinity remote control talking to your TV in no time.
How to pair your Xfinity remote to TV ?
Xfinity Remotes are designed with user convenience in mind and come in two different types. The first type includes remote controls that are equipped with a settings button.
Furthermore, this button is typically used to program the remote control to communicate with different devices.
In contrast, the second type, on the other hand, does not include a Settings button. Alternatively, these remote controls usually have a different programming method.
Understanding which category your Xfinity remote falls into is the first step to using it effectively.
Pair Xfinity Remote (With Setup Button)
The following steps are applicable to these remote models: XR11 (also known as Voice Remote), XR5, and XR2.
- Firstly, make sure the batteries in your remote control are installed correctly and that both your TV and TV Box are turned on.
- Secondly, set the TV input to match the one your Xfinity TV Box is connected to.
- Thirdly, continue pressing the setup button on your remote until the LED at the top turns from red to green.
- Next, press the Xfinity button on your remote control, which will cause the LED to flash green. (Please note: If you are pairing an XR2 or XR5 remote with a DTA, you may need to press the Xfinity button up to five times.)
- Then, follow the on-screen instructions and enter the three-digit pairing code.
- Finally, after you successfully enter the three-digit pairing code displayed on the screen, your TV Box will pair with your remote.
Note: If you don’t see any pairing instructions on the screen after pressing the Xfinity button in step four, try pressing the Xfinity button again. Furthermore, if more than one TV Box is in range, you may need to press the Xfinity button several times.
Pair Xfinity Remote (Without Setup Button)
These following steps are applicable for the XR15 Voice Remote (X1 or Flex compatible).
- Firstly, ensure that you have installed the batteries in your voice remote control correctly and that you have turned on both your TV and TV Box.
- Secondly, set the TV input to match the one your Xfinity TV Box is connected to.”
- Thirdly, press and hold the Xfinity and Info buttons simultaneously for about five seconds. Wait until the voice remote control light changes from red to green.
- Furthermore, follow the on-screen instructions and enter the three-digit pairing code.
- Next, after you successfully enter the three-digit pairing code displayed on the screen, your TV Box will pair with your voice remote.
- After pairing your voice remote, follow the on-screen instructions to set up your TV’s power, volume, and input control.
Note: While the TV is on (make sure the TV Box is on first), you can also press and hold the Xfinity and Mute buttons on the remote for five seconds until the light on top changes from red to green , next follow the on-screen instructions to pair the voice remote to control your TV.
Pair XR16 Voice Remote (Flex only, no number keys)
Follow below mentioned steps to pair your XR16 voice remote to TV:
- Firstly, turn on your streaming device and your TV.
- Secondly, activate the remote control by pulling the tab located on the back of it.
- Thirdly, point the remote control at your TV and press the Microphone button.
- Finally, complete the setup by following the instructions displayed on your TV screen.
Pair Xfinity remote using Xfinity App
If you’re someone who’s always on their smartphone, you can easily access pairing instructions through the Xfinity My Account app on your Android or iPhone.
Furthermore, this app provides instructions for pairing various models such as X2, X5, XR11, XR15 and XR16.
In case you need to unpair your remote for any reason, we have a comprehensive guide on ‘How to Unpair Your Xfinity Remote’ that you might find helpful.
Follow below mentioned steps to pair Xfinity remote using Xfinity account:
- Firstly, access the Xfinity My Account app by entering your Xfinity ID and password.
- Secondly, once you are on the main page, navigate down and select the TV option.
- Thirdly, if you have more than one TV, choose the device you want to pair.
- Following that, continue scrolling down and opt for the “Set up a remote” option.
- Afterward, proceed to identify and select your remote, then click ‘continue‘.
- Next, in the next menu, select “TV” as the device you want to control.
- Moreover, enter the brand of your TV and press ‘continue‘.
- Next, a page with instructions will direct you. If the codes provided don’t work, check out the full list of Xfinity remote codes where you’ll likely find a code that works.
- In last, once you have successfully paired your devices, click “Done.”
If your Xfinity remote doesn’t work despite successful pairing, consider running some checks, such as examining the batteries or checking for stuck buttons
Note: A flashing blue light on your Xfinity remote indicates that pairing has been disabled.You will need to follow some troubleshooting steps to restore its normal operation.
How to get Xfinity remote codes for different devices ?
These codes play a crucial role in the interaction between your remote control and your TV system.
Furthermore, they act as a language translator and transmit specific instructions to the television system.
Additionally, with these instructions, your TV system can recognize the specific model and brand of your remote control.
Consequently, this recognition is vital because it allows for faster and more efficient programming.
Alternatively, if you don’t have the code, you can obtain it from the Xfinity remote support website. Follow the steps mentioned below to get your Xfinity remote code:
- Firstly, navigate to the Xfinity support remote website.
- Secondly, choose the model of your remote and click continue.
- Thirdly, select the device (TV or Audio/Other) and brand that you wish to pair with your remote and pick its brand and click on continue.
- Finally, follow the instructions and use the codes displayed on your screen to program your remote.
How can I troubleshoot Xfinity remote pairing issues ?
Follow below mentioned steps to troubleshoot Xfinity remote:
Make sure the remote control batteries are new and fully charged. If not, replace the batteries.
Reprogram the remote control
Try reprogramming your cable box’s remote control. You can accomplish this via the Xfinity settings menu.
Factory reset the Xfinity Voice Remote with a settings button (XR11)
Press the settings button until the LED on the top of the remote changes from red to green. Press 9-8-1. The remote control will flash the LED green twice to indicate its reset.
Factory reset the Xfinity Voice Remote without a setup button (XR15)
Hold down the A (triangle) and D (diamond) buttons simultaneously for a span of three seconds until the status light transitions from red to green Press 9-8-1. The remote control will flash the LED blue three times to indicate its reset.
Check for unresponsive buttons
If certain buttons on your remote are not responding, you may need to troubleshoot remote control buttons not responding.
Check if your remote is paired with the correct TV Box
If you have multiple TV Boxes and have paired your remote with one of your TV Boxes, make sure you are using the remote that is paired with that specific TV Box.
We’ve covered the basic troubleshooting steps in this blog. However, for a more comprehensive guide tailored to your specific remote model, refer to our detailed blog post on ‘How to fix Xfinity Remote Not Working’.
This guide provides step-by-step instructions for troubleshooting various remotes and can assist you in resolving issues.
In conclusion, the process of pairing your Xfinity remote to your TV is an integral part of setting up your home entertainment system.
Furthermore, this procedure not only optimizes your viewing experience, but also allows for seamless control of multiple devices from the comfort of your couch.
Additionally, the pairing process, whether your remote has a setup button or not, is simple and easy to use and involves a few simple steps that are easy to follow.
However, as with any technology, some issues may arise during the pairing process. But there’s no cause for concern.
This guide provides several troubleshooting methods to help you overcome any problems you may face. Follow these steps to successfully pair your Xfinity remote with your TV.
Frequently Asked Question’s (FAQ’s)
Check the batteries of your Xfinity remote if it isn’t working. Reprogram the remote, perform a factory reset, inspect for unresponsive buttons, and ensure that you have paired it with the correct TV Box.
To pair your Xfinity XR11 remote: Install batteries, power on your TV and TV Box, set the TV input, hold Setup until the LED turns green, press Xfinity, and follow the on-screen instructions.
The Xfinity remote does not have a dedicated “reset” button. However, you can reset your remote to its factory settings by pressing certain buttons, depending on the type of remote.