It’s happened to all of us: you go to check your email and notice that no new messages appear. Or worse, the emails you have sent are not sent at all. This usually means you can’t sync to Gmail.com.
Furthermore, one of the most common problems is that emails do not sync correctly or do not sync between a user’s computer or phone.
Similarly, this can happen for a variety of reasons, but the good news is that there are usually simple solutions.
- First, check your internet connection
- Furthermore, check login credentials for typos
- Next, update your email app
- Additionally, delete and re-add your Gmail account
- Finally, check the Gmail status page for known issues
In this post, we will delve into this common problem: “Can’t sync with Gmail.com.”
Furthermore, we’ll explore potential causes. Similarly, we will walk you through some troubleshooting steps in all devices Additionally, we will provide tips to help you get back on track.
How to fix Gmail not syncing on Android ?
If you use the Gmail app on your Android device, you may have encountered sync errors with Gmail.com that are preventing you from receiving or sending emails.
Similarly, sync errors can occur due to various reasons, such as network issues, account settings, or app updates.
Furthermore, in this section, we will show you how to troubleshoot and fix sync errors with the Gmail app for Android.
Follow below mentioned methods to fix the issue can’t sync to Gmail.com in Android:
- First, check your internet connection and make sure it is stable and fast enough.
- Furthermore, restart your device and see if the syncing issue is resolved.
- Similarly, enable the automatic sync option in the Gmail app settings. To do this, open the Gmail app, tap the menu icon, tap Settings, choose your account, and make sure Sync Gmail is checked.
- Additionally, perform a manual sync by swiping down from the top of the screen in the Gmail app.
- Also, re-add your Gmail account to your device. To do this, go to Settings, Accounts, Google and tap Delete account.
- Finally, go back to Settings, Accounts, add account, Google and follow the instructions to sign in again.
Also Check: Fix Gmail App crashing issue
How to fix Gmail not syncing on iOS/iPhone ?
Are you having problems with your Gmail app can’t sync to on your iOS/iPhone device? Furthermore, if so, you are not alone.
Similarly, many Gmail users face sync issues on their iOS/iPhone devices due to various reasons such as network connectivity, account settings, or app updates.
Follow below mentioned methods to resolve the issue can’t sync to Gmail.com on iOS device:
- Firstly, verify that you have an Internet connection and that Wi-Fi/cellular data is activated. Gmail requires an active connection to sync emails.
- Furthermore, make sure the date and time are set correctly on your iPhone. Incorrect date/time settings may interfere with synchronization.
- Similarly, open Gmail and go to Settings > Accounts & Passwords > Google and sign out of your Google account. Then sign in again. This refreshes the connection.
- Additionally, go to Settings > Accounts & passwords > Google > [email protected] > Sync email. Make sure the switch is on to sync email.
- Also, open the Gmail app and go to Settings (the gear icon). Select “Sync Settings” and verify that sync is enabled for the time period you need (such as the last month).
- Likewise, try deleting and re-adding your Gmail account in the iPhone Mail app. Go to Settings > Accounts > Add account > Google.
- Alternatively, as a last resort, try resetting network settings on your iPhone by going to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This updates all network connections.
Also Check: Fix address not found issue on Gmail
How to fix Chrome can’t sync to Gmail.Com ?
Sometimes, you may encounter can’t sync gmail.com sync errors when using Gmail on your desktop web browser.
Consequently, sync errors can affect your ability to receive or send email, or access your contacts and calendar.
Furthermore, sync errors can be caused by several factors, such as browser settings, extensions, cookies, or cache.
In this section, we will explain how to identify and fix Gmail sync errors on the desktop web.
Follow below mentioned methods to fix the issue can’t sync to Gmail.com on desktop web:
- Firstly, refresh the browser page. Sometimes a simple update is all that is needed to sync changes.
- Secondly, clear your browser’s cache and cookies. Open your browser settings and clear cached data and Gmail cookies. Subsequently, this can help reset the sync process.
- Alternatively, sign out and sign in back into your Google account. Signing out completely and then signing back in refreshes your authentication and may resolve sync issues.
- Moreover, check your Internet connection. Syncing requires an active internet connection, so make sure your connection is stable and you don’t experience any issues.
- In the meantime, wait for the sync to catch up. Large mailboxes may take time to fully sync between devices.
- Consequently, update your browser. Outdated browsers sometimes cause sync issues. Ensure you are using latest version of browser.
- Next, try a different browser. Sometimes the problem is browser-specific. Try accessing Gmail from another supported browser.
- Finally, contact Google Support if the issue persists. As a last resort, contact Google support and describe the specific sync error you are seeing if none of the above solutions work.
Also Check: Fixing the No Connection error on Gmail App
How to reset Gmail Sync ?
Sometimes, you may encounter can’t sync Gmail.com problems while syncing your Gmail account on your devices.
Consequently, this can cause issues like missed emails, delayed notifications, or incomplete backups.
To fix this issue follow below mentioned steps:
On Android: Go to Settings > Accounts > Google > Sync > Turn sync off and on again. Initially, this will force Gmail to re-sync all your data.
On iPhone/iPad: Go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts > Google > Toggle the “Mail” sync switch on and off. Subsequently, this will reset Gmail sync.
Sign out and sign back in to the Gmail app: Go to the Gmail app settings, sign out, and then sign back in. Alternatively, this will clear all cached data and force a new sync.
Delete and reinstall the Gmail app: If the above steps don’t work, try deleting the Gmail app completely and then reinstall it from the app store. Consequently, this will wipe all local data and force a full re-sync.
Reset network settings: As a last resort, you can reset your device’s network settings, which will clear all cached data for all apps, including Gmail. Ultimately, this can fix synchronization issues.
In conclusion, we hope this article helped you understand how to fix the common “Can’t sync with Gmail.com” issue.
Ultimately, as you can see, there are many possible causes and solutions for this problem, depending on the device and platform you are using.
Consequently, by following the steps, we have outlined, you will be able to resolve the sync errors and enjoy a smooth and seamless Gmail experience.
Alternatively, if none of the methods work for you, you can always contact Google support for further help.
Frequently Asked Question’s (FAQ’S)
There are many possible reasons why sync is not working in Gmail, such as network issues, account settings, app updates, or server issues.
Pause and resume syncing in the Google Drive app.
Sign out and sign back in to your Google Account in Chrome.
Manually sync your Google account in device settings.
Ensure that you do not interrupt your internet connection and that it has sufficient speed.
Restart your device and see if the syncing issue is resolved.
Enable the automatic sync option in the app settings or browser settings.
Perform a manual sync by swiping down from the top of the screen or clicking a button.
Re-add your account to your device or browser.
Check for app updates or browser updates.