Do you use Apple Music but want to cancel your Apple music subscription? This guide will show you how to easily cancel Apple Music in just a few steps. Millions of songs are available for you to listen to on Apple Music.
However, if you no longer want Apple Music or it’s too expensive for you, canceling your Apple Music subscription can help.
Furthermore, this guide will show you how to cancel your Apple Music membership when using an iPhone, iPad, Mac, the Apple Music website, or an Android phone.
To begin with, cancel Apple Music on an iPhone or iPad, Open the Settings App. Then, select your name at the top. After that, tap on “Subscriptions” from the menu. Next, choose “Cancel Subscription” and follow on screen instructions.
Similarly, if you use a Mac, Open the Apple Music App. Next, select “Account Settings” from the menu bar. Thereafter, look for “Subscriptions” and click “Manage“. Finally, the “Cancel Subscription” option will be visible there. Select that and complete the process.
We’ll go over the detailed steps to cancel your Apple Music subscription on each device in the section below so you can cancel your Apple Music subscription easily.
How to cancel Apple music subscription on an iPhone or iPad ?
Apple Music is a great service that allows you to enjoy millions of songs, podcasts, and playlists.
However, while it offers many benefits, there may come a time when you want to cancel your Apple music subscription.
First of all, you may want to switch to another music app that suits your needs better. Second, you may want to save some money on a monthly expense.
Follow below mentioned steps to cancel Apple music subscription on your iPhone and iPad:
- To cancel your Apple Music subscription, first open the Settings app on your device.
- Subsequently, tap your name at the top of the page to access your account information.
- Thereafter, find the “Subscriptions” section and select it.
- Following this, this will show you active subscriptions. Hence, find the Apple Music subscription and tap on it.
- Next, near the bottom of the page you’ll see an option to cancel your subscription.
- Finally, simply tap “Cancel Subscription” and confirm your selection.
Importantly, your subscription will remain active until the end of your current billing period. Thereafter, once canceled, you will no longer be able to access Apple Music until you subscribe again.
How to cancel Apple music subscription on a Mac ?
Similarly, if you have a Mac computer, you can also cancel your Apple Music subscription from there. Moreover, you don’t need to use your iPhone or iPad to do it.
Consequently, in this following section, we’ll explain how to cancel your subscription from the Apple Music app on your Mac.
Follow below mentioned steps to cancel your Apple music subscription on a Mac:
- To cancel your Apple Music subscription on iPhone or iPad, start by opening the App Store app.
- Subsequently, look for your profile icon, which is usually located in the bottom left corner.
- Thereafter, tap it to access your account settings.
- Following this, once there, select “Account Settings” from the menu.
- Next, scroll down to the “Subscriptions” section and tap “Manage,” which will show you active subscriptions.
- Hence, locate your Apple Music subscription and tap “Edit” next to it.
- Finally, simply select “Cancel Subscription” and confirm to cancel your membership.
This will cancel your subscription at the end of your current billing period so you can continue using Apple Music until then.
How to cancel Apple music subscription on Apple music website ?
Alternatively, you can also cancel your Apple Music subscription from the web. Additionally, just like canceling on Mac, you don’t need to use any device to do it.
Therefore, in the next section we will tell you how to cancel your subscription from the Apple Music website effortlessly and in just a few simple steps.
- To cancel your Apple Music subscription from a computer, start by opening the Apple Music website in your web browser.
- Subsequently, if you’re not already signed in, click “Sign in” and enter your Apple ID credentials.
- Thereafter, once you’re signed in, locate your account icon, usually in the top right corner, and select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Next, scroll down to the “Subscriptions” section and choose “Manage.” Following this, this will show your active subscriptions.
- Finally, simply click on your Apple Music plan and select “Cancel Subscription” to cancel your membership.
Also Check: How to cancel iCloud storage ?
How to cancel Apple music subscription on a windows PC ?
In addition to mobile, Mac, and the web, you can also cancel your Apple Music subscription directly from a Windows PC.
Also, as with other non-Apple platforms, you don’t need to use any Apple devices to do this.
In this section, we will show you how to cancel your subscription from the iTunes app on your Windows PC in a few easy steps.
Follow below mentioned steps to cancel your Apple music subscription on your Windows PC:
- To cancel your Apple Music subscription from a Windows computer, firstly, open the iTunes program.
- Subsequently, once open, click “Account” in the top menu bar and select “View my account.” Thereafter, this will take you to your Apple ID profile page.
- Next, scroll down to the “Settings” section and click “Manage” next to “Subscriptions.”
- Following this, locate the Apple Music plan and click “Edit” near it.
- Finally, choose “Cancel Subscription” to cancel Apple music membership.
You can still use your subscription until the end of the current payment cycle. Once canceled through iTunes, you will no longer have access to Apple Music.
How to cancel Apple music subscription on an Android device ?
If you have an Android device, you can also cancel your Apple Music subscription from there.
Follow below mentioned steps to cancel your Apple music subscription on an Android device:
- Firstly, open the Apple Music app.
- Next, tap the “Listen Now” icon near the bottom to access the main menu.
- thereafter, select the three-dot menu icon in the top right corner.
- Following this, choose “Account” from the options.
- Next, locate “Manage Subscription” selection and tap on it.
- Then, tap “Cancel Subscription”.
- Finally, to complete the cancellation process, select “Confirm” in the pop-up window.
Also Check: How to backup iPad to iCloud ?
How to cancel Apple music subscription through Apple TV ?
Similarly, if you have an Apple TV, you can also cancel your Apple Music subscription from there. You don’t need to use any other device to do it.
Consequently, in this section, we’ll show you how to cancel your subscription from the Settings app on your Apple TV in a few easy steps.
If you subscribed to Apple Music through your TV, you can cancel directly from the device.
- Firstly, start by going to the Settings menu.
- Next, select “Users and Accounts” and choose your profile.
- Following this, on the next screen, look for the “Subscriptions” option and select it. Thereafter, this will show any active subscriptions linked to your account.
- Hence, find your Apple Music membership list and select it.
- Finally, you will see options to “Change” or “Cancel” the subscription. Select cancel to cancel your membership immediately
How to cancel Apple music free trial ?
To cancel your Apple Music free trial, you must turn off the auto-renewal option before the trial ends.
You can do this in different ways depending on your device and payment method. Follow below mentioned steps to cancel Apple music free trial.
On iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- To begin, go to Settings > [your name] > Subscriptions and tap the Apple Music entry.
- Then tap Cancel Subscription (or Free Trial) and Finally, confirm cancellation.
Mac or PC
- First, open iTunes and sign in with the Apple ID associated with your Apple Music free trial.
- Next, click your account name in the toolbar and choose Account Information.
- Then, scroll to the bottom and look for the Subscriptions section.
- After that, click Manage and then Edit next to Apple Music.
- Finally, click Off next to Automatic Renewal and confirm your choice.
On the web
- First, go to music.apple.com and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Then, click on the account icon and choose Settings.
- Next, scroll to Subscriptions and choose Manage.
- In last, choose Cancel subscription and confirm the cancellation.
The only way to cancel your subscription if you use Google Pay for Apple Music is in the app on your Android device or on the website.
Also Check: How to turn off silent mode on iPhone ?
How to recover Apple music playlist after cancel the subscription ?
It may not be possible to recover your Apple Music playlist after canceling the subscription, depending on how long ago you canceled it and how you signed up for the service. Below are some possible ways to try to recover your playlist:
- Firstly, if you recently canceled your subscription, you may still have access to your playlist until the end of your current billing cycle. You can check your playlist on your device or on the web.
- Secondly, if you have library sync enabled on your devices, you may be able to sync and retrieve your playlist from another device that hasn’t yet updated iCloud Music Library. You can turn on Sync Library in the Music settings on your iOS device or in Preferences on your Mac or PC.
- Furthermore, if you have a backup of your device that contains the playlist, you may be able to restore your device from the backup and get your playlist back. However, this will erase all data you added to your device after the backup.
- Finally, if none of the above methods work, you may need to recreate your playlist manually. You can try to remember the songs that were in your playlist or search for them on the web.
What to do if you can’t find the subscription that you want to cancel ?
Sometimes you may not see the subscription you want to cancel on your device or on the web.
Furthermore, this could happen for several reasons, such as using an Apple ID or a different payment method.
In this section, we will give you some tips on how to find and cancel your missing subscription.
- Firstly, if you’re unsure of the Apple ID associated with your Apple Music subscription, check your email inbox for receipts from Apple.
- These transactional emails will display the Apple ID that was used to purchase or sign up for the subscription. Consequently, take note of the Apple ID listed on the receipt.
- Thereafter, if a family member’s Apple ID appears, you’ll need to ask them to cancel it, since you can’t cancel someone else’s subscription yourself.
- Following this, if you use Apple ID, sign in with that Apple ID and follow the cancellation steps described above.
- However, if you can’t find any receipts from Apple, check your bank or credit card statements for clues about which company bills you for your subscription each month.
- Finally, you may need to contact that company directly to cancel, as the subscription was likely purchased through a third party rather than Apple.
What are some other alternatives of Apple music ?
Apple Music is one of the most popular music streaming services in the world, with more than 80 million subscribers.
Firstly, it offers access to a huge library of songs, playlists, podcasts and more. However, Apple Music is not the only option for music lovers.
Secondly, there are many other music streaming services that have different features, prices, and benefits.
In this section, we will explore some of the best alternatives to Apple Music and compare them based on several criteria.
Spotify has over 20 million songs and possibly the largest collection of its competitors. It also features curated playlists, podcasts, and social features.
Deezer is a music streaming service that is available in 182 countries. It has over 73 million tracks, personalized recommendations and offline mode.
SoundCloud is a platform for uploading and discovering new music from independent artists. It has over 200 million tracks, plus live streams, commentary and reruns.
Soor is a gorgeous, premium music player app for iOS that integrates with Apple Music. It has gesture-based navigation, Musixmatch integration, widgets and more.
MusicHarbor is an app that helps you keep track of new releases from your favorite artists and labels. You can preview songs, add them to your library or playlist, and receive notifications.
Amazon Music is a music streaming service that offers access to over 100 million songs and podcasts. It has ad-free listening, offline mode and exclusive content.
Prime members can enjoy Prime Music for free, while non-Prime members can subscribe to Amazon Music Unlimited for more features.
Apple Music is a popular music streaming service that offers many features and content for music lovers. Moreover, while it offers considerable value, one’s needs may change over time.
Consequently, if you ultimately decide to cancel your Apple subscription for any reason, you have several options to do so without any problem.
You can cancel on your iPhone, iPad, Mac, the Apple Music website, or an Android device, depending on what you use.
In this blog, we show you how to cancel your subscription on each device with simple steps anyone can follow.
Frequently Asked Question’s (FAQ’s)
If you can’t cancel your Apple Music subscription, check that you are using the correct device and payment method, turn off automatic renewal, and contact Apple Support.
Canceling Apple Music does not delete your music immediately. You can still access your music library until the end of your current billing cycle. However, after that, you will lose access to the songs and playlists you downloaded or added from Apple Music.
Your Apple Music settings may have changed after an app update, sign-out, or subscription cancellation.